Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To save an $80-$125 complete wheel repair, this works well. Exact color match and easy for touch up on wheels vs spray cans, masking bs, etc...before and after, $29.95 for the kit, which is the paint and clearcoat.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Oh...forgot to ask....is that the "standard" wheel color or does it vary somehow depending on the silver wheel you own? Mine is a 2008 Cayman with 19" Carrera Sport wheels. You're motivating me....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It's just a standard silver that works on all Porsche wheels (all german for that matter) since all German cars use the same silver on their alloy wheels. They only sell one kit, you can email them if you have any other Q's. It's a paint that they have matched over the years. It's spot on, one guy on the review on their site wasn't happy, but it matches for me. I also have 19" Box S wheels. A wheels a wheel. Bad review was probably a competitor spray paint...lol

I may add one more coat, but already put the clear coat on. It states paint first, let each layer you add dry 30 min, then the clear coat. Honestly I moved the car and had to really look to find it, good enough for me and from 3 feet away, you can't see it at all. Just put on very light coats, it doesn't need much at all.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Where are you in FL? We have the exact same wheels...mine are Carrera as well.
I'm in Naples. There's a Carrera wheel and a Carrera Sport wheel. I think your's are Carrera and mine are Carrera Sport. Not totally sure but that's what I'm thinking without doing more research.:cheers:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does matter if they are sport or not, the silver alloy is the same on all, already been down that road on research, but just give Suncoast a call tomorrow, save the effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.