Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah , I think the terminology must be different this side of the pond , we call the first click of lights side lights.

The side markers will be indicators or turn signal ??

Anyway .. has anyone fitted these to the small round light that houses the front fog lights also ?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I did it, and they are very mice looking.very white light. wish i could get LED foglamp bulbs!
You can see pics on my post of LED running lights with motordrive grilles in the articles section.

·
Know-it-all
120 Posts
I have not tried these exact lights, but I have tried other LED lights in those sockets. They were not nearly as bright as stock, and much bluer than the xenon headlights.

I think they should fit just fine, but I would try to get some more info before buying:

1. The color temperature should be in the 6000-7000K range in order to look similar to xenon headlights.

2. The luminance should be at least 100 lumens, OR the power consumption should be at least 1 Watt. Otherwise, they will probably look rather dim.

I haven't found an LED light that fits, and won't trigger warning lights, that satisfies these requirements.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys , that is a very nice LED strip installed in the mesh front grill .
I'm a bit reluctant to carry out a similar conversion on my car at the mo as it is still under warranty though.

I think I'll look to fit ultra white side lights and fogs if I can get them. ( of the bulb variety , not LEDs )

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
i used the LED bulbs in the factory lamps along with the LED strips, so in the photos you see the LED bulbs illuminated.
mine's still under warranty and the only thing the dealer (Tischer) said was to compliment me on their looks. I had converted to the 'white' incandescents and the LED bulbs are much nicer.

have fun doing mods!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've just installed them for parking lights (small lamps) !!

I've already installed Belof's LEDs before.

This time I replaced them to new ones.

You can see the "difference" between them .

....new type.

It's very bright !!.........like "Christmas" :)

It looks very nice,and good matching to Xenon head light.

No warning signals are seen on the panel,OK!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Sandybelle,

What HID bulbs do you have for your low beam? And where did you get your bulb for your drl?

I put the suprebrightled's for my drls, LED bulbs for my fog lights, an led light strip, and philips ultinon d2s for my low beams.

The thing is, they dont' match exactly. my led light strip is closer to 7000k, my low beam is 6000k, and my drl+fog should be around 6000k but they're so low power it looks dull.

Picasa Web Albums - Cayman S Collections - 6000K vs 4300KPicasa Web Albums - Cayman S Collections - 6000K vs 4300K

I've just installed them for parking lights (small lamps) !!

I've already installed Belof's LEDs before.

This time I replaced them to new ones.

You can see the "difference" between them .

....new type.

It's very bright !!.........like "Christmas" :)

It looks very nice,and good matching to Xenon head light.

No warning signals are seen on the panel,OK!

·
Registered
294 Posts
What HID bulbs do you have for your low beam? And where did you get your bulb for your drl?

I put the suprebrightled's for my drls, LED bulbs for my fog lights, an led light strip, and philips ultinon d2s for my low beams.

The thing is, they dont' match exactly. my led light strip is closer to 7000k, my low beam is 6000k, and my drl+fog should be around 6000k but they're so low power it looks dull.
My low beam now is the same as yours,Philips D2S 6000K.
The LEDs for drl are what Waitforme introduced in this forum above.
I bought them from eBay,perhaps just like you did.

....yes, my modification is almost the same as yours,except the led strip of your original.

As for "matching" and "dull looking".....it's difficult to solve it perfectly,I think.

DRLs of these superbright LEDs tend to be "more blue" than low beams of 6000k ,as you point.

I think you are more sensitive than me.
I don't care the difference of color tones now between them.

They cannot be seen from the driver seat while driving:)

You also say the dullness of DRL+fog.
One of the way to solve it is replacement of stock fogs to HID fog lights.
They are going to give you the perfect brightness.
But it has a fatal weak point.........too hot for the narrow space.

My friend has replaced normal fogs to HID ones,but the "life time" was very short.

best regards

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Sandybelle:

Please help, what is the parts number for the LED "parking lights" you used to replace the "old" one, there are too many of them on the Rakuten Ichiba site ..

thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
what's the name of 'new one'??
can I know some info about the led?

Hi Sandybelle,

Picasa Web Albums - Cayman S Collections - 6000K vs 4300KPicasa Web Albums - Cayman S Collections - 6000K vs 4300K

·
Registered
294 Posts

Thank you for your many comments and questions about the LED I installed.

OK,I make the story short.

This is my "old" LED ,Bellof.(Item Number: Bellof-DBA507)

(you can buy here Rakuten - Socket type BELLOF Super Wide LED Sirius REVO (BA (X) 9S) ball position

I installed this two years ago .
The color of light was good, but I was not satisfied with the brightness ,i.e.,the volume of light.

That is,in case of this Bellof,the LED chip is only one on the tip.

I made up my mind to replace it to a new one someday ....

And recently I come across the nice item our member Waitforme introduced in this forum.

2pcs BAX9S H6W 64132 17 SMD LED HID White Bulbs, eBay Motors. Great deals on eBay!

This has many LED chips ,not only on the tip,but also around .

I purchased this "new" LED from the link above and installed !

Both old and new ones have no ECU error nor abnormal signs on the instrument panel.
They have a register circuit inside to prevent from ECU errors.

Gentlemen,I hope you understand me....;)

Good Luck!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Did the bulb match the socket perfectly? I remember reading in a previous thread where the LED bulb didn't quite fit right.

Thanks for the link, much appreciated!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts