Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this trip the week before I went to Big Sur.
After 3 or 4 trips to SF, I finally figured out some good places to take pics. The typical "postcard" shot of the Golden Gate Bridge is taken from "Torpedo Wharf." Load SF into Google Maps, and zoom in just to the east of the south end of the bridge. Torpedo wharf is that hockey-stick-shaped thingy jutting out into the bay that is right across from the "Warming Hut Café." Best place to park for that shot is further east in front of the warehouses along Old Mason Street. The shot of the car with the bridge in the background was taken at a beach access area along Old Mason Street that's btwn the Yacht Harbor and the Crissy Marsh. What I thought was the best location for a shot of Alcatraz is along Old Mason Street in the "Marina Green"; which is between the Yacht Harbor and Fort Mason.

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
wow I cant believe you found a day without fog! My father and I went there several months ago and you could not even see the bridge. We took at picture at the classic bridge spot and all you could see was fog behind us haha! great photos!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cool photos. I love SanFran and Chinatown....
I must be following you... I was in SanFran about 2 weeks ago... it was rainy and foggy... typical bay area weather....

DSCN4146.jpg

I made this trip the week before I went to Big Sur.
After 3 or 4 trips to SF, I finally figured out some good places to take pics. The typical "postcard" shot of the Golden Gate Bridge is taken from "Torpedo Wharf." Load SF into Google Maps, and zoom in just to the east of the south end of the bridge. Torpedo wharf is that hockey-stick-shaped thingy jutting out into the bay that is right across from the "Warming Hut Café." Best place to park for that shot is further east in front of the warehouses along Old Mason Street. The shot of the car with the bridge in the background was taken at a beach access area along Old Mason Street that's btwn the Yacht Harbor and the Crissy Marsh. What I thought was the best location for a shot of Alcatraz is along Old Mason Street in the "Marina Green"; which is between the Yacht Harbor and Fort Mason.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great pics!

We do get some foggy weather here, but not as much as you might think. I live in the city, and the last month has 6 weeks have been uncommonly terrible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts