Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Boxster Enthusiast
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any of you guys get the neat intro package from Porsche?

I got home late last night from a business trip to find a small flat box about the size of a DVD waiting for me. To my shear delight, inside the box was a note from Porsche introducing the new Boxster Spyder and attached was a nylon pouch with a red strap...the same red strap used for the door pulls on the interior of the new Spyder. I pulled on the strap to open the pouch and inside is a wonderful hardbound book about the size of a typical model brochure with photos, drawings and specs of the new model. Hardbound. Can you believe it? Porsche spent a pretty penny on that bit of marketing material. I couldn't believe it. I am afraid to take it out again, I want keep it in pristine condition. Quite a delightful surprise.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Did any of you guys get the neat intro package from Porsche?

I got home late last night from a business trip to find a small flat box about the size of a DVD waiting for me. To my shear delight, inside the box was a note from Porsche introducing the new Boxster Spyder and attached was a nylon pouch with a red strap...the same red strap used for the door pulls on the interior of the new Spyder. I pulled on the strap to open the pouch and inside is a wonderful hardbound book about the size of a typical model brochure with photos, drawings and specs of the new model. Hardbound. Can you believe it? Porsche spent a pretty penny on that bit of marketing material. I couldn't believe it. I am afraid to take it out again, I want keep it in pristine condition. Quite a delightful surprise.
Got mine in the mail today. I've been avoiding taking a closer look at the Boxster Spyder just in case my impulse gets the best of me...this was a sneaky way to mess with my head. Pictures look so nice...I like the detail they gave about the detachable roof as well.

I'm assuming they are sending them to all current Boxster owners? My Dad has a 07 CS but he didn't get a book in the mail though.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
I got a nice package from Porsche after I bought mine and mine was 3 years old when I bought it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats nice.

I cant figure out the target market for it. Who wants a stripped down roadster that doesnt have a stereo or ac and only weighs 120lbs less than the boxster? If the answer is track junkies, which is like 2% of the market, wouldnt they want a racer with more torsional strength anyway?

·
Registered
393 Posts
thats nice.

I cant figure out the target market for it. Who wants a stripped down roadster that doesnt have a stereo or ac and only weighs 120lbs less than the boxster? If the answer is track junkies, which is like 2% of the market, wouldnt they want a racer with more torsional strength anyway?
+1. That was my thought as well. Maybe they think people will buy do to the rarity and possibly the limited production?

·
Registered
65 Posts
thats nice.

You can get it with radio and A/C as options. The car is a great weekend toy and in my opinion looks leagues better than the standard boxster. If you are in a warm weather state, this could easily be a daily driver.

On a more sour note, I never received anything from Porsche. haha oh well.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
thats nice.

Me. ;)
But everyone knows I'm the Spyder post wh#re!:taunt:
BTW, Every Spyder at my dealer is spoken for... and I live in the rainy NW!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I believe that Porsche will sell every one that they make. It embodies the spirit of the original plus......

many Porsches never get driven in the rain anyway. I'll admit a certain hesitancy to drive the CS if its raining. Especially with a Subaru WRX wagon sitting next to the CS waiting in the wings.

2nd thought:

What's with cab owners that don't put the top down on sunny days?

·
Registered
155 Posts
many Porsches never get driven in the rain anyway.
When I bought my Boxster S I told myself I would never drive it in the rain, but the reality is that sometimes you're out on a nice day and all of a sudden the rain clouds appear. The only turnoff about the Spider is the flimsy rag top it comes with. It would be better if they provided a manual top, but one that was a complete cover. That way you weren't screwed if caught by surprise.

The only time we keep the top up is when it gets REALLY hot (above 100) here in central Washington.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
i think it's beautiful.
i never use the radio anyway regardless if the top is up or down.
the growl sounds better than anything coming out of the bose.

·
Registered
882 Posts
About 2 months after I bought my 2006 CPO CS in 2008 , I got a box in the mail with a really neat key fob and luggage tag. Both leather from Porsche.

After I saw this thread I looked around and found them. They are too nice for my usual habits about keys and luggage that get beaten up.

But it was a nice gesture of appreciation. But all this said, I just love driving the car. Wonderful car. Ed

1 - 17 of 17 Posts