Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Full front end protex (same as xpel) Porsche threw in 1/2 I paid 650$ for the other half when I purchased my car (lifetime warranty) done at Prestige Porsche in Montreal
OEM Clear Side markers 100$ installed at time of purchase done at Prestige Porsche in Montreal
Tinted Windows 275$ (lifetime warranty) done at Prestige Porsche in Montreal
Powdercoated my 20" Carrera S rims High Gloss Black. thrown in free at time of purchase. done at Prestige Porsche in Montreal
15 & 7mm spacers off eBay for 180$ shipped to my door and installed by Kal Tire
Major BOSE Stereo Upgrade 5500$.. (Morel Speakers all around, JL Audio HD Amps 1350 watts, JL Audio Signal Processor, a crap load of dynamat) by Richard Cadorette owner of Auto Son in Montreal
T-Design Phone Holder 75$ (I love this amazing thing) bought from T-Design a Sponsor/member of this site
T-Design Sport Button On mod 99$ I've paid t-Design for it but I haven't had him ship it yet. bought from T-Design a Sponsor/member of this site

I bought these things either because they make my car sexier or more functional!

good thread Danny

·
Registered
63 Posts
Regarding to your questions

Clear side markers - They were a gift from my SA - Free (Porsche of Fremont)

Xpel Ultimate full front plus mirrors, door cups, door edge, and rear impacts - $1800 (Elite Auto Films)

Cargraphic Super Sound Exhaust - 1.345,50 euros shipped directly from Germany (self installation)

BMC Air Filters - 120 euros placed in same order with my exhaust (planing to install myself but I still don't know how to access to engine bay :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Clear side markers, Cargraphic headers and IPD plenum w/ GT3 Throttle body.

Purchased a SmartTop last year, but just have not installed it yet. Kinda pissed me off it doesn't allow the power mirrors to work...

Will no doubt be purchasing Softronic's reflash when available.

Cost to date -

Headers - 3000
IPD setup - 1300
Install - 1000ish

Do the math... Worth it? HELL YES!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Clear side markers
Xpel Ultimate - Full front, mirrors, door cups, door edge, etc.
OEM Rubber Floor Mats - Luxor beige is too light for carpet!
OEM Frunk Liner

Next up...thinking Fabspeed

·
Registered
100 Posts
1. Smart top $299
2 XPEL ULTIMATE full front, door edges, mirrors, bottom molding, air intake $1500
3 Key fob outside in red $25

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine is a base model White/Beige with PDK. Picked it up 12-20-2013. To date have done nothing to it but drive and wash it. 3200 miles including my 1st ever HPDE track experience at the NOLA Motorsport 3 weeks ago. The color has grown on me and I really like. Only color I think I would prefer is the Amaranth Red. Recently learned about Porsche dropping that color from the public domain Configurator, but it still seems to be available for new builds with the dealerships Configurator. My dealer seems to think it will be available for the rest of MY 2014. I am strongly considering building a new S model in Amaranth/Beige, torn between staying with PDK (which is great) and going with a manual. New build would also have Sport Chrono (my base model does not) no matter the transmission. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
1. Had the front (bra), doors and rocker panels covered with 3M film - cost was $1306 Canadian. The Porsche dealer wanted $2000 just for the bra. Did this to protect the car from stone chips, etc.
2. Replaced the floor mats with better quality mats - cost was about $100 Canadian. The new mats look nicer and will be easier to clean.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine is a base model White/Beige with PDK. Picked it up 12-20-2013. To date have done nothing to it but drive and wash it. 3200 miles including my 1st ever HPDE track experience at the NOLA Motorsport 3 weeks ago. The color has grown on me and I really like. Only color I think I would prefer is the Amaranth Red. Recently learned about Porsche dropping that color from the public domain Configurator, but it still seems to be available for new builds with the dealerships Configurator. My dealer seems to think it will be available for the rest of MY 2014. I am strongly considering building a new S model in Amaranth/Beige, torn between staying with PDK (which is great) and going with a manual. New build would also have Sport Chrono (my base model does not) no matter the transmission. Any thoughts ?
I'm currently waiting for my 2014 Boxster S in Amaranth/Luxor Beige to arrive mid-late April (finished production March 21). Since the configurator isn't showing Amaranth anymore, though, I had assumed anything ordered at this point would be a 2015 model, not available in that color.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Question 1: What modifications have you made to your 981 in the last 12 months?

My goodness lots.

DB Carbon Carbon Fibre. To many items to list but everything I could replace that was Plastic or Fake Aluminium.
Fabspeed Sports Headers and Cats.
TPC Blitzkrieg Kit.
OEM 991 Plenum
IPD 981 Competition Plenum
TechArt Paddle Shift PDK kit.
Zunsport grills. (Still in the box)
Many, many tunes, and dyno pulls.
The usual OEM stuff like covers and car care kits.

Question 2: What specific brands/parts have you purchased to make these modifications? (Example: XYZ Company Wheels or ABC Company ECU Tuning)

As above

Question 3: How much did you spend making these modifications? (Estimates are fine, for example "About $2000", etc.)

Somewhere between 30 and 50 K AUD. I don't add the invoices up.

Question 4: Can you briefly explain why you bought each item you listed? (Example: "Was on Sale", "I considered it the best in the market", etc.)

Eh, why not it is fun. Most items bought from P-9 Sponsors. Retail therapy. :)

Cheers

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
planning to do LED side markers once they become available again.
And just ordered the new LED side markers from Suncoast for $109 as they are now available.

ps: can't seem to find "edit" button to edit my old post...hence the reply...

·
Registered
56 Posts
And just ordered the new LED side markers from Suncoast for $109 as they are now available.

ps: can't seem to find "edit" button to edit my old post...hence the reply...
Now that the LEDs are available (again) I've just ordered a set.

Wonder if they'll run out just as quickly as before...

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I prefer the 6MT, but it's obviously a matter of personal preference. However, on the 6MT the SC is a bit of a waste, worth it on PDK for improved functionality. On the 6MT, heel/toe rev matching is more fun anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Question 1: What modifications have you made to your 981 in the last 12 months? Clear bra and rocker panel paint protection; black stainless grilles for front, side, and rear intake openings; black chrome exhaust tips
Question 2: What specific brands/parts have you purchased to make these modifications? 3M, Zunsport, and Fabspeed
Question 3: How much did you spend making these modifications? $1300
Question 4: Can you briefly explain why you bought each item you listed? Paint protection (3M), protect radiators from impact damage and improve appearance (Zunsport), more aggressive appearance and sound (Fabspeed)

·
Registered
227 Posts
OEM Clear sidemarkers - $50 - i like the look better than the orange
35% Suntek CXP tint all around $200 - i wanted the dark look
Fabspeed black exhaust tips - $438 - wanted black tips and didnt want to paint the stock tips and didnt want a full exhaust because of the added noise and possible drone
7/15mm (F/R) Spacers - $100 on ebay including black bolts - the wider stance looks awesome
Zunsport front outer grills - $280 to protect the guts from rocks and other stuff
O.Z 18" Black w/ chrome lip Alleggerita Wheels with TPMS and Bridgestone RE-11's - $3000 for DE/Autocross

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought my 4th Porsche - 2014 Boxster Basalt Black Metallic.. Plans are to put a clear bra, white side markers, and switch out the single exhaust tip with duals from Fabspeed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
1: SmartTop (or is it SmarTop?)
2: See above
3: About $300
4: group buy on Planet-9

·
Registered
84 Posts
Carbon Intakes - DB Carbon - I think $350
LED markers - Porsche - $109
Aftermarket Wheels - Low pressure Cast - Avant Garde- $1200
Tires - Michelins - $1100
Clear Bra - Full Front End wrapped edges - Xpel - $1600
Cargraphic Sport Exhaust - $1600
Cargraphic Thermal coated tips - $250
Cargraphic Headers - $3000

·
Registered
325 Posts
Maybe too late for the survey but figured would chime in anyway.

Warning Triange - Suncoast $55.00. Not all that comfortable on the road without a spare tire.
Clear Lexan Windscreen - Pedro's $119.00 - Nothing worng with some added visibility.
Aluminum front protector - Schnell $99.00 - My driveway is treacherous.
Front and rear cargo liners - OEM $309.00 - I tend to travel with some gear that gets dirty!
Das Schild - $189.00- This should have been included from Porsche. Aluminum dings easily.
Rear and side vent grills - Zunsport $280.00 - These just look cool.
Zunsport outer grill set - Planet 9 member $150.00 - Those strakes don't provide much radiator protection.
Nose, hood, fender, mirror, headlight and rear wheel film - X-Pel $1500.00 - The metallic paint looks great; I want it to stay that way. Headlights are also expensive.
Clear LED side markers - $95.00 Sonnen - The clears look infinately better with Agate Grey.
Slime Spair - $50.00 Amazon - Heard the Porsche sealant is crap and slime will not damage TPMS sensors.
7 AH battery - $15.00 Amazon - To store behind my seat and open the frunk in case of emergency.
Cabriolet cleaning kit - $145.00 OEM - No patience to order everything seperately and case provides easy storage so the stuff wont freeze in my garage.
Covercraft Weathershield HD+ cover - $280.00 - Auto Accessories. Covercraft installed a full flannel lining. To put my baby to bed in safety and comfort.
CTEK 3300 w/lighter adapter - $65.00 Amazon - To keep the battery in tip top condition.
Stainless Steel Porsche license plate holder - $30.00 Amazon - Just to add a little bling.

That about covers it....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Question 1: What modifications have you made to your 981 in the last 12 months?
I've only had my new BS for 2 1/2 Weeks, but so far I've done: PPF, Wheel Locks, Outer & Side Inlet Grilles, Frunk Hood Protector, Phone Mount, S/S Cup Holders.

Question 2: What specific brands/parts have you purchased to make these modifications? (Example: XYZ Company Wheels or ABC Company ECU Tuning)
XPEL Ultimate Bumper, Full Hood, Fenders, A-Pillars, Door Cups, Rocker Panels, & Rear Bumper Cover Behind Rear Wheels; McGard, Zunsport, Das Schild, T-Design, ??

Question 3: How much did you spend making these modifications? (Estimates are fine, for example "About $2000", etc.)
About $2500

Question 4: Can you briefly explain why you bought each item you listed? (Example: "Was on Sale", "I considered it the best in the market", etc.)
Peace of Mind & Ease of Cleaning; Peace of Mind; Protection; Protection; Convenience for Backup to GPS, Waze, Pandora, etc.;

I expect to add the Frunk Tray, Trunk Mat, and LED Side Markers in the next month or so.

21 - 40 of 97 Posts