Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Question 1: What modifications have you made to your 987 in the last 12 months?

Wheels and tires, intake, plenum and TB, steering wheel, H&R PASM friendly springs, LED upgrades and exhaust

Question 2: What specific brands/parts have you purchased to make these modifications? (Example: XYZ Company Wheels or ABC Company ECU Tuning)
EVOMS intake, IPD plenum with GT3 TB, Soul performance X pipe and satin tips, DCTMC flat bottom steering wheel and some stunning Augment Wheel company 19” GT hyper silver forged wheels with new michelins

Question 3: How much did you spend making these modifications? (Estimates are fine, for example "About $2000", etc.)
I’m afraid to add it up... don't care really, the car is meant to be enjoyed, this is the path.

Question 4: Can you briefly explain why you bought each item you listed? (Example: "Was on Sale", "I considered it the best in the market", etc

Haven’t even taken delivery of my 07 987.1 S yet, but have been accumulating goodies for it’s arrival.
The only concern with the upgrades was exhaust. As my car is a tip, all of the exhaust reviews (Even AWE-Tuning, my usual go-to) were that the drone in the tip cars was a deal breaker. Nearly every purchasor returned their exhaust as it was unbearable.

The rest of the goodies were just to liven it up a little and make it mine.
Not a track car. Just a garage queen to be enjoyed now and then.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear 987 owners,

In order to better help us help you, I've put together a brief survey that I would like each 987 owner to answer. We will compile the results and hopefully come up with some offerings that will benefit our members. Please take a few moments to reply to this survey.

In the shop now for a new head unit (2006 Cayman S with Bose), along with wheel refurb and some other repairs.

Question 2: What specific brands/parts have you purchased to make these modifications?
Pioneer AVH 9200 DAB

Question 3: How much did you spend making these modifications?
About €1650

Question 4: Can you briefly explain why you bought each item you listed?
We are running a Pioneer AVIC 820 DAB in our 996 and we’re pleased with it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

Wheels and tires, intake, plenum and TB, steering wheel, H&R PASM friendly springs, LED upgrades and exhaust

Question 2: What specific brands/parts have you purchased to make these modifications? (Example: XYZ Company Wheels or ABC Company ECU Tuning)
EVOMS intake, IPD plenum with GT3 TB, Soul performance X pipe and satin tips, DCTMC flat bottom steering wheel and some stunning Augment Wheel company 19” GT hyper silver forged wheels with new michelins

Question 3: How much did you spend making these modifications? (Estimates are fine, for example "About $2000", etc.)
I’m afraid to add it up... don't care really, the car is meant to be enjoyed, this is the path.

Question 4: Can you briefly explain why you bought each item you listed? (Example: "Was on Sale", "I considered it the best in the market", etc

Haven’t even taken delivery of my 07 987.1 S yet, but have been accumulating goodies for it’s arrival.
The only concern with the upgrades was exhaust. As my car is a tip, all of the exhaust reviews (Even AWE-Tuning, my usual go-to) were that the drone in the tip cars was a deal breaker. Nearly every purchasor returned their exhaust as it was unbearable.

The rest of the goodies were just to liven it up a little and make it mine.
Not a track car. Just a garage queen to be enjoyed now and then.
I added a Wavetrac ATB LSD, a new clutch kit, Function First Orange transmission mounts. The big cost was the install of the Wavetrac, as the transmission was taken out of the car to assure the main bearings were removed without issues. Cost was about $3000 for parts and labor from Cantrell MotorSports.

The LSD really added more traction out of the corners, with limited understeer and added rear end stability under heavy braking.

The Sach's clutch kit was because the tranny was removed around 45k miles on the clock and I was hearing slight ticking noise (clutch plate bearing) when the clutch was not engaged. The clutch plate was about 70% used, but no marks on the flywheel.

The Function First Orange Transmission mounts has really reduced the engine/transaxle motion. This was especially noticed on standing start where wheel hop was was totally reduced. Now just two black rubber strips from the Hoosier A7 slicks.

Reactions: eyeofthetiger

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I have found another use for the Wavetrac LSD, that is merging on a ramp for the freeway, near my small town. It's a very screwy entry, with a uphill pull from a left hand turn light, then at the top of this short hill a sharp right hand corner with the wrong camber in the road. So, what does this have to do with the LSD. Well, coming up the short hill from the turn arrow, allowing shifting into 2nd gear, then rounding the upper rt turn, the LSD really comes into play, Cornering at 40 mph, then full throttle, with some rear kickout from the wrong slope in the road, even new BMW's with twin turbos on the inside can't keep the pace to the freeway. God help me as I am running old RE71R's with plenty of TPI trying to wear the rubber off. Their rubber is getting really hard, but the LSD really helps the 2nd gear shoot out. I usually have my Colnago bike on the roof rack to get my exercise fix, but the bike also lets people know I'm just playing.

Reactions: idrivemyself

·
Registered
53 Posts
Question 1&2: OEM Porsche 3rd radiator kit, Pedro’s Technobrace, PowerFlex street engine mount inserts, Hella SharpTones horns.

Question 3: Was about $600 all in, I did all the install work myself and borrowed my friend’s AirLift for bleeding the coolant.

Question 4: I installed the 3rd radiator because I start to overheat at Willow Springs during the summer months. The Technobrace because it was relatively cheap and I feel rear wheel hop when on the track so I thought it would be worth a try. I did the engine mount inserts because they are cheap and doing the install work is a fun project, and finally because it felt like there were clunks during some shifts. The improvement in shifts is noticeable and it makes me want to install some PRG transmission mounts possibly. Finally I did the horns because I had the bumper off anyway and I have felt the stock horns are pretty weak.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts