Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is my first "sports/exotic" car and was wondering if you can answer a few questions to see if this is normal or not.

1. During cold start, does your wheels/suspension knock or bump when your are turning your wheel while moving at a slow speed? For example, when I am backing out of my driveway, I turn my wheel while moving but I feel a hard knocking sensation when it's cold like the car is resisting.

2.Does your car make a squeal noise when turning at slow speeds or when letting go of the break pedal?

3. Why is it so easy to turn the wheel while the car is not moving? Is it because of the electronic steering?

4. Is there anyway you can use the front defrost window button without it always being at full blast?

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,263 Posts
Hi everyone,

This is my first "sports/exotic" car and was wondering if you can answer a few questions to see if this is normal or not.

1. During cold start, does your wheels/suspension knock or bump when your are turning your wheel while moving at a slow speed? For example, when I am backing out of my driveway, I turn my wheel while moving but I feel a hard knocking sensation when it's cold like the car is resisting.

2.Does your car make a squeal noise when turning at slow speeds or when letting go of the break pedal?

3. Why is it so easy to turn the wheel while the car is not moving? Is it because of the electronic steering?

4. Is there anyway you can use the front defrost window button without it always being at full blast?
1. Yes. A lot of threads on this in the forum. Search is your friend :)

2. No. You caught a pebble with your brakes or the pads are not bedded in yet (what is the mileage?).

3. Not sure... you have power steering plus?

4. No.

Reactions: Moving_Chicane

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Mine's new as well and I'm getting squealing from the brakes that sounds a lot like what you're describing. It's only when coming to a stop when very lightly still on the brakes and when it's quite cold outside. Nothing to worry about. As mentioned, it'll probably go away once they bed in a bit more.

Reactions: blazex4 and jimfbk
1 - 3 of 3 Posts