Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has swapped out their 981 Cayman bumper to a Boxster bumper. If this thread already exists, can someone redirect me please. If anyone has done this swap, was it a direct swap? Also, does anyone have a parts list with prices for both 981 Cayman and Boxster? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Funny, I like the Cayman front bumper better than the Boxster (more aggressive imho). Only thing I dislike are the round fog lights on the cayman. Why did they put those on that bumper?

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
I'm doing an opposite, fitting cayman bumper on my Boxster http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-...98-front-upgrade-project-my-981s-boxster.html

The swap is pretty simple. You'll need
1)bumper cover with all the plastic things on it
2)boxster DRLs
3)radiator ducts
4)front aluminum enforcement bar and foam insert. $600+ because the effing tow hook location is different.

DRLs plugs are different, but cayman's work fine on my Boxster after picking the right wires.

If you want to swap enforcement bars - I have one. But if not I'm going to drill it for new towhook hole in a few days.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Funny, I like the Cayman front bumper better than the Boxster (more aggressive imho). Only thing I dislike are the round fog lights on the cayman. Why did they put those on that bumper?
I'm with OP, the Boxster front bumper looks more modern with the LED strip, the Cayman looks a decade old with the round fog lights, not sure why they even do that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm doing an opposite, fitting cayman bumper on my Boxster http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-...98-front-upgrade-project-my-981s-boxster.html

The swap is pretty simple. You'll need
1)bumper cover with all the plastic things on it
2)boxster DRLs
3)radiator ducts
4)front aluminum enforcement bar and foam insert. $600+ because the effing tow hook location is different.

DRLs plugs are different, but cayman's work fine on my Boxster after picking the right wires.

If you want to swap enforcement bars - I have one. But if not I'm going to drill it for new towhook hole in a few days.
T-Design I saw this and thought you might be interested.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/272636144687

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here has swapped out their 981 Cayman bumper to a Boxster bumper. If this thread already exists, can someone redirect me please. If anyone has done this swap, was it a direct swap? Also, does anyone have a parts list with prices for both 981 Cayman and Boxster? Thanks in advance!
I swapped out a GTS front for a GT4 on my Boxster, there were a lot of parts if you want to do it factory, be sure to check for the ducts too, possibly even the fender liners... not for the faint of heart!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I swapped out a GTS front for a GT4 on my Boxster, there were a lot of parts if you want to do it factory, be sure to check for the ducts too, possibly even the fender liners... not for the faint of heart!
What did you do with your GTS bumper? Still have it?

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.