Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I must say a huge thank you to James above for helping me ALOT with my CDR (base audio) to PCM upgrade.

This thread also helped massively! My current state is with PCM, GPS, FM/AM cheap adaptor, DAB Antennas all installed and working. As is the 2nd Bluetooth microphone and Bluetooth music working perfectly.

What I have left to do is the coding done at Porsche which should be done shortly. I also am still low level speaker output and testing a cheap DSP Amplifier which I will report back on. This should be a plug and play solution!

Some things I found useful that I don’t think are mentioned in this thread.

Right hand microphone part number - 991.646.313.02
Microphone wiring loom part number - 991.044.900.37

FAKRA Antenna colour key
Black - FM/AM
Blue - GPS
Green - DAB

My cheap third party GPS antenna fits perfectly in the OEM location behind the rearview mirror as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m reviving this old thread (which is great btw)

exactly how many codes are there and aprox how many digits are there?

also, once you program to your car, does the welcome screen change to your car? Ie if you purchase an old unit from a 911, will mine say cayman gts?

lastly, does anyone know the eBay seller “e.c.i.” They seems to have a lot of PCMs on the market

The guy I got my codes for the PCM install from (and plan to get the codes for my upcoming GT Sport steering wheel install) now has a website. I'm not sure how long it will remain up since it uses Porsche'slogo, but he is in a protected country so he may be able to keep it. Only one page but

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I bought codes from a Russian hacker, he's gone mainstream now with a website, don't remember how many digits. The screen may or may not change, my unit came from a Boxster and the first time it came on showed one, thereafter it just shows "porsche." I don't know about the Ebay sellers, I got mine a few years ago and the climate has changed since then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m thinking of doing this upgrade, and this thread has been very helpful. Mitch has also been helpful when I’ve reached out to him personally.
I have 3 dealers within 100 mi of me, I’ve called the biggest one (which does a ton of business, I would imagine it’s one of the bigger Porsche dealers), I spoke to a service advisor on the phone who said they would be unwilling to install the PCM or code...

so my question is, how have you guys gotten the dealer to help out with install or coding?

201 - 206 of 206 Posts