Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
261 - 273 of 273 Posts

· Registered
2015 Cayman S PDK
59 Posts
salut. Merci. recommandez-vous à la fois l'ampli axton a500 et l'ampli Hertz 4D ? Il me semble me souvenir que la lecture du PCM a besoin d'une sorte de convertisseur avant l'ampli. Merci pour les réponses.

· Registered
12 Posts
Bonsoir, Sur mon véhicule j'ai installé un ampli "FOCAL IMPULSE 4.320" de 4 x 25 W. Il fallait que l'ampli soit de petite taille, léger et surtout qu'il ne chauffe pas. Cet ampli était l'idéal. De plus il n'est pas très cher et facile à raccorder. Le seul problème est de trouver la place où l'installer. Cordialement.

· Registered
23 Posts
Just to say, for anyone thinking of doing this very rewarding project, that I have now sold the car that I had previously retrofiited with PCM3.1 so I now have that unit available to sell if anyone is interested. I am UK based so the unit is probably best suited to European installations but it's a great PCM, in perfect condition and with DAB (as well as FM and AM) tuner, 40Gb Jukebox, full European maps, Bluetooth phone and streaming, and so on. It goes without saying that I can help the buyer with installation advice (much of which is on this forum). Message me through the forum here or at [email protected] if you have an interest.

James

· Registered
1 Posts
Re: Map Display on instrument cluster

Yes, am hoping this will allow the cluster display to work. The wire harness for the MICs runs behind the instrument cluster(only for right hand drive cars). John wouldn't have needed to do this as he had Bluetooth already(an option in the UK). I have ordered this cable for the video feed which should hopefully work, unfortunately it ships from China so in for a long wait.....

Fakra HSD LVDS Z female to Fakra Z Female Shielded Dacar 535 4-Core Cable 1.2m | eBay
this link is not working please a picture

· Registered
4 Posts
I am about to do this and have all the same fears as Mitch48 did. I need help with purchasing the PCM and the codes on eBay. I platoon having a local stereo place do the install and then off to dealer for the PIWIS bit. One of the eBay dealers seems to suggest that the PCM 3.1 units for Panamera and cayenne will not work on a 2013 Boxster S. Can anyone confirm this?
Panamera and cayenne do not fit a cayman or boxster.

· Premium Member
2014 Cayman S with PDK
9 Posts
I recently purchased a used PCM 3.1 and it’s matching MFD / Cluster from a 2014 981 Cayman S… which is exactly the same model I own. And, referencing this awesome thread I was able to install everything successfully and get it fully functional, including the MAP and NAV functions in the MFD / Cluster.

I purchased a full set of codes for $150- from a well known business on Facebook, and had no problems activating everything using my PIWIS II Tester.

But now for the issues I need help with!!

1. I installed the PCM first, updated VIN and confirmed everything worked after applying the codes. I then installed the new MFD / Cluster and it immediately came up with the NAV and MAP menus and graphics… so I decided I should update its VIN too. However as soon as I updated the VIN the NAV and MAP functions / menus disappeared, and I cannot find any way to get them back. Does anyone know how to do this?

Someone suggested in an earlier thread that a code is needed… but for what, and where does it go? I cannot find any related ‘Function Enable’ line in PIWIS.

2. The PCM originally showed Cayman S in its start-up splash screen, but now defaults to ‘GT3’. This despite the PCM coding in PIWIS clearly showing Cayman S. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?

3. The new MFD / Cluster obviously shows a different mileage from mine, so I need to correct it. PIWIS does not offer this capability in either ‘After Sales’ or ‘Engineering’ mode, other than for a brand new unit with less than 100km on the clock… so I need to find some way to change it. Has anyone done this before, and can recommend a tool?

Would very much appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks, Rob. Orlando, FL

· Registered
4 Posts
Quick update on my retrofit. Car is booked in next week for coding attempt at Porsche so have to see how that goes.

Solved the microphone issue. As mentioned before on this post Porsche advised the stock CDR31 mic wouldnt work and they were correct (in a way). It does transmit sound but comes across as very quiet at the other end. The PCM set up uses 2 mics. The one which is already fitted in the CDR31 set up and one additional one (991.646.313.01). There is a place on the top steering wheel cowling for the additional mic so it will clip in place just as if the PCM was factory fitted. The issue is that there is no loom for it. This can be overcome by getting the single length of 2 wire cable that goes to the additional mic, crimping the correct pins on the opposite end and connecting it directly into the blue connector within the quadlock that connects to the PCM unit.

Its the blue and yellow wires that go into the PCM from the additional mic.
Hi Buddy, will any wire work? thanks

· Registered
1,175 Posts
Wayne, I'd think any wire the correct size will work, I just seem to remember my mic came with wire attached and I just inserted it in the proper pin on the blue connector. I posted a pic of it way back when I did my install showing where it goes.

· Registered
1,175 Posts
You're welcome. One hand washes the other. I'm currently getting help from someone on Rennlist in downloading factory nav onto my PCM. Glad to be of some help. The thread is long, but if you can wade through it you will see everything you need.

261 - 273 of 273 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.