Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The guy I got my codes for the PCM install from (and plan to get the codes for my upcoming GT Sport steering wheel install) now has a website. I'm not sure how long it will remain up since it uses Porsche'slogo, but he is in a protected country so he may be able to keep it. Only one page but pretty impressive considering.

https://www.code-porsche.com/

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I was sorting through my Porsche parts box today and found a couple of cables and some miscellaneous connectors left over from my PCM install, if anyone is interested PM me and I'll make you a great deal. I ordered several I ended up not needing and a couple that were duplicates.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HELLO,

I have porsche cayenne MY2012, i bought PCM3.1 with amplifier retrofit from suncoast porsche. Now i need some instructions how to connect everything... Does anyone have it?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
If you'll look back through all the posts on this thread (yes, all nine pages) you'll find all the info, at least for installing in a Cayman or Boxster. Cayenne may be slightly different but I'm betting most of the info will be relevant to your situation. If you already have BT they you have at least one mic, need two, you also need GPS antenna and wiring, possibly Sat radio depending on your particular case. The thread if pretty complete if you'll read through it all in chronological order.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I may have that cable left over from my install, I'll have to look and check. Somewhere in all this thread I think the p/n is given.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been through this thread 4 times now and have yet to see it listed. Seems people are skipping the module and going with a 2-1 antenna connector. If you have the part I'd love to purchase it from you or point me to the part number. My understanding is that this cable is to power the antenna amp only so all should work if this is the only piece missing (with less than perfect FM reception).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read all 9 pages twice, but i still don't know where to connect...

I need to install amplifier, but i don't know where to connect Number 1 and Number 2 from image bellow:

retrofit_amp.jpg

Does someone have RETROFIT manuals?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I don't know if anyone on this thread has installed an amp, most are just swapping the PCM in for a radio unit or similar. You might need a stereo shop to help with this, but I'd ask on some of the other threads on P9 and the other Porsche forums.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I can't remember for sure, but I think the yellow one is sat radio antenna. The FM is one of the three on the right. John Alpin, do you remember?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Quick update-
Completed install without the power cable (#7 above) and had enabling codes entered at dealer. All is working as advertised! Will be installing second mic to finalize the task. Major thanks to mitch48!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking for power supply (3 pin cable) to antenna control unit. Item #7 in retro fit pdf. Do I need to order this? If so, anybody know the part number?
I can help here - it took me ages to track this one down... The part number is 991.044.900.29 and it's described as a "Wiring Harness". I also know how to wire it in (which isn't obvious!) so that it provides power to the Antenna Controller and to the Antenna Amplifier mounted on the A pillar. A bit tricky to describe but I'm happy to give it a go if anyone needs to know.

James

·
Registered
200 Posts
I called Suncoast today about their PCM 3.1 upgrade. Their kit doesn’t just have the radio, it also has the USB connector for the glovebox. This is a big deal for me, since that part will let it work with the CarPlay upgrade boards.

If you haven’t seen these, they take the XM module out of the radio and let you replace it with CarPlay. I’m 99 percent sure that’s the direction I’ll be going in my Cayman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Interesting, I don't have CarPlay but do have Sat radio, probably would chose to keep satellite if I had to choose between the two, but that's a personal preference. I wasn't aware of this option, so keep us informed about your work on this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I called Suncoast today about their PCM 3.1 upgrade. Their kit doesn’t just have the radio, it also has the USB connector for the glovebox. This is a big deal for me, since that part will let it work with the CarPlay upgrade boards.

If you haven’t seen these, they take the XM module out of the radio and let you replace it with CarPlay. I’m 99 percent sure that’s the direction I’ll be going in my Cayman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is news to me. Tried to Google it but found nothing. Do you have a link to this replacement module?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally installed PCM retrofit in my cayenne, i made it in 5 hours with AUX/USB, everything works great, except front speakers in door are without bass, only treble?! Rear speakers in doors works great. Do you maybe know what is the problem??? I was do all coding with PIWIS which are describe in retrofit manual.

161 - 180 of 206 Posts