Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '11 987.2 that was pre-owned. The previous owner had a very pissed off dog that chewed up the shifter, handbrake, scratched up the door panels among other things. Needless to say, I got a deal. Anyway, have replaced door panels and now I have another handbrake on it's way. Not the cover, the mechanism that sits in the console. I assume the center console has to be removed to replace it. Does anyone have any instructions for this? I've found lots of handbrake cover replacement instructions, lots of handbrake adjustment instructions.
Can someone help a gal out here??

858409e8d43f59533f06f523dfffd0fb.jpg

·
Registered
574 Posts
Look for a short shifter installation instructions in the Articles section. It will show you the steps to removing the shift boot, and center console.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Look for a short shifter installation instructions in the Articles section. It will show you the steps to removing the shift boot, and center console.
Also see shifter cable replacement instructions (Numeric). The handbrake lever needs to be removed to remove/replace the cables. It is very easy once the console is out. Just a few nuts - but to get to one, you need to lift the lever. The PB cables just slip in to notches in the lever base.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts