Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped wheels on their ordered car after the dealer received it from Germany but before receiving it from the dealer? If so, did you just pay the difference? I have been agonizing over my wheel choice and may request this from the dealer. I would hope that a dealer does not see this as a big deal, but you never know. I am calling him today, but wanted to hear of any similar experiences on the forum. Thanks!

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
I believe there have been some forum posts in this regard. It may pay to search. IIRC correctly the cost was more than they wanted to bear.

·
Premium Member
5,871 Posts
The downside for the dealership is that a swap sometimes screws up the window sticker and some Porsche owners are just picky enough to want their car to have exactly what the window sticker says it is supposed to have.

I got a car off the lot with cheaper wheels than what was reflected on the sticker. The dealership adjusted the price accordingly. It was okay with me.

·
Registered
781 Posts
My buddy had Carrera S wheels ordered but dealer switched to Carrera Classic and did not charge him. This car was on the lot and not ordered.

If you ordered then I doubt it bc the car is already on the verge of being paid for and its made to order. If it's oh the lot they will do more to get you to buy. My buddy got rims, interior cover, car cover, a bunch of porsche merchandise...and ~8% off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Another idea could be to swap with a forum member that has the wheels you want and wants the wheels you have.

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Has anyone swapped wheels on their ordered car after the dealer received it from Germany but before receiving it from the dealer? If so, did you just pay the difference? I have been agonizing over my wheel choice and may request this from the dealer. I would hope that a dealer does not see this as a big deal, but you never know. I am calling him today, but wanted to hear of any similar experiences on the forum. Thanks!
Curious, which wheels do you want? And--sorry but can't resist--will they improve the sound of your Burmester? (Deadening resonances, etc)

Good luck! Buyer's remorse is tough. But I think you'll love the car and wheels can always be swapped later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts