Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not my ad but I thought this was a killer deal and didn't want any members to potentially miss out on it. There is a fellow in North Carolina selling a PSE removed from his GTS. For those who aren't familiar with the GTS version of this exhaust, it has a overall louder tone and rumble, the burbles on decel are much more prominent in this version as well.

Cheers!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Ca...ash=item239461ffea:g:XdAAAOSw1JVaJE9p&vxp=mtr

edit: mods, if this is in the wrong section of the forum please move, thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the head's up!

I've been thinking about upgrading the exhaust from my 981 Cayman Base.

This may be a little off topic, but does anyone have an opinion as to whether it would be better to go from base exhaust to OEM PSE or an aftermarket option?

Other questions:
Does PSE change fuel efficiency at all?

If someone were to upgrade to PSE, would it be worth it to also install the sport exhaust button? (pros/cons?)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for the head's up!

I've been thinking about upgrading the exhaust from my 981 Cayman Base.

This may be a little off topic, but does anyone have an opinion as to whether it would be better to go from base exhaust to OEM PSE or an aftermarket option?

Other questions:
Does PSE change fuel efficiency at all?

If someone were to upgrade to PSE, would it be worth it to also install the sport exhaust button? (pros/cons?)
For resale most buyers like PSE cause not too loud, oem part and comes with optional button. When time to sell you don't really have to take it off and put back the stock muffler. No major drone issues
From a subjective perspective you may be missing out if you don't research aftermarket options since some sound better than pse for similar price range and also have no major drone issues like pse. After all it's a sound you will hear everytime you drive the car. So it is worth researching it to death. However you may have to take out and sell separately if not trading in at dealer when time to sell. My 2 favorites over PSE are
1) Fvd brombacher sound version and
2) Soul performance

I think if you have sport chrono it is already pre-wired for the pse button so you can always add that button later if you need.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I wondered the same thing, I've been landing on PSE because OEM is easy to sell with the car later, it's the cheapest option as well, and it's the right kind of loud.

I do think some other options out there sound great like FVD, iPE, Soul, but don't like the tips of any of these options. They all look too aftermarket like and modded (not in a good way). The whole stamping of the brand on the tips + looking either too chromed out and two tin cans sliced open doesn't fit the car.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
No aftermarket exhaust I've ever heard (most of them) sound even close to PSE IMO, so make sure you hear them in person before even considering them. THAT is why most buyers go for the best, plus it's OEM. The 718 sounds like crap, but 981 PSE is probably the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard. By the way, I don't know if it's my imagination or what, but my CGTS is noticeably louder than my brother's BGTS, both cars driven with driver's window all the way down, so apples to apples comparison. At low rpm and idle there's little difference, but once above 3K, my car sounds much... angrier, if you will:). They seem identical, so don't know why. Both have pretty much the same mileage, around 8K. And yes, PSE drones even when off (I don't like that), but ANY aftermarket exhaust is going to drone at least the same. That's the price we have to pay for that intoxicating sound in a hatchback, with the acoustic resonance of a guitar. But if it bothers you, you only have to avoid 7th on PDKs until about 90, or just downshift to a lower gear around town. Not a big deal IMO, and I'm an old fart (55);). I wouldn't have this car any other way. If I wanted something quieter, I'd buy a quieter car, since road noise is right up there with PSE. Rather hear the engine than freaking tire roar. He he.

719 Posts
For resale most buyers like PSE cause not too loud, oem part and comes with optional button. When time to sell you don't really have to take it off and put back the stock muffler. No major drone issues From a subjective perspective you may be missing out if you don't research aftermarket options since some sound better than pse for similar price range and also have no major drone issues like pse. After all it's a sound you will hear everytime you drive the car. So it is worth researching it to death. However you may have to take out and sell separately if not trading in at dealer when time to sell. My 2 favorites over PSE are1) Fvd brombacher sound version and2) Soul performanceI think if you have sport chrono it is already pre-wired for the pse button so you can always add that button later if you need.
Thank you for the kind words, Sir!
I wondered the same thing, I've been landing on PSE because OEM is easy to sell with the car later, it's the cheapest option as well, and it's the right kind of loud. I do think some other options out there sound great like FVD, iPE, Soul, but don't like the tips of any of these options. They all look too aftermarket like and modded (not in a good way). The whole stamping of the brand on the tips + looking either too chromed out and two tin cans sliced open doesn't fit the car.
Thank you :) While we strive to create an OEM + look for our tips that is aesthetically pleasing to most, we understand that everyone's tastes are different and in fact, we have created custom tip designs to suite individual customers needs on more than one occasion.Best of luck on your search for the perfect exhaust, please let us know if you have any questions. Evan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.