Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've gotten to the end of switching my rotors and pads on 2006 cayman s but then realized the spring clips that hold the pads in the caliper don't fit the hawk hps pads. I've read somewhere on this forum that the 996 spring clips would work? Any info would be appreciated. Once I have the part number I could run to Porsche and pick up a new hardware kit. Also I placed the rear spring clips on the front caliper and they seem to fit, but not sure if they're supposed to go there.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I installed Hawk HPS pads on my '07 Cayman S last year, and had no problem at all using the stock spring clips. Are you sure you have the correct pads?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have Hawk HPS pads in my '07 CS and had the same issue. These pads fit the later style retention springs and wear sensors. You must have the earlier style as I did. You can get the correct ones at your local Porsche dealer or Pelican Parts.

Todd

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses, eventually I did figure out that with those pads you need the larger clips. Basically the same ones that are in the back go on all 4 calipers. I believe it's the 996 clips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts