Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Sydney Cayman/Boxter owners car run

7K views 39 replies 9 participants last post by  BJR 
#1 ·
Those who own a Cayman or Boxter in Sydney can organize meets here.

#4 · (Edited)
:hilarious: I'm giving it my best shot :(

I might have too :)
Do future owners qualify? Consult your Cayman S oracle. ;)

I just need to factor in
(a) building a secure garage worthy of the car; and
(b) how much to save in order to secure a gen 1 or gen 2. Sounds like I need to save 50% more for gen 2. :(
Otherwise (c) beg for a loan in order to write/publish a 'great Australian b road' test for the local magazine.
If not, (d) become good friends with a dealer manager. :D

#6 · (Edited)
Sydney Run Register:

Capercat... (Cayman S)
Cayman_09... (Cayman)
Flying Fiz... (Cayman)
mungee... (Boxter S)
Jester_Fu... (Audi TT-RS)
Bizi... (VW Jetta)

Let's organize a drive guys. Can be long or short, discuss here. :)

#7 ·
As long as it's dry for RWD cars, aye? :gossip:

I recon a Wisemans run is due. Can do Catai Ridge Rd->Wisemans Ferry Rd->River Rd->Lunch at Wisemans->Wisemans Ferry Rd (via Ferry)->Pacific Hwy->Ku-Ring-Gai National Pk.

Actually, i recon the reverse order would be a better run. Pre 9am on a Sat/Sun is better for the park as there's no rangers at the gates and fewer pushbike riders.

If you want an overnighter, i'm seriously hanging to get back to Orbost and Bonang Old Rd. Could head up Mac Pass and around the valley, over to Bega by Tarthra Bermagui Rd, up Snowy Mountains Hwy and over to Bombala, Delengate/Bombala Rd to Bonang then into gods country and the 90km bends sign. Then back the next day.

#8 ·
Ok let's do the first option as an entreat...

Overnighter sounds great, discuss this in person, I'm about to run OPH in a half hour or so, its only local, don't get to drive crocy much.

#10 ·
I'm free this weekend Sat or Sun. Let do it! I'm going for a drive regardless as I do most weekends so just let me know what suits you.

I'm happy to go for a short Kuring-gai run tomorrow arvo between 6:30 & 7:30pm

#12 ·
Cheers for a nice drive thisarvo, Rocco. Sorry to drag you over to RNP and have to brave the shire - it was just easier for me this time as my mate was late from Newcastle. Still, the weather was again sensational with just a little spit as we left the park.

Great drive anyway. Appreciate the ride in the Porker - we should make a trip to Marulan or Wakefield and do a car swap so we can make full opinion on the cars, if you're keen. It's a much different car to the RS and i can see some real pro's and cons for both. Marulan is a real road styled track so could provide good options for comparing both on Track and road without cyclists and other motorists.

Be nice when we do the Wisemans run to have a few other members of the VAG family come together.

#19 · (Edited)
Well, south west technically.

Yeah, was a good run today. Sensational weather and some great roads. Shame the big ferry was broken down at Wisemans but that just provided extra car talk time ;) Next time we're best heading there around 8-9am through KCNP and having a picnic until the early arvo or something. You can get back to Central Mangrove from Hornsby in about 2 hours when the big ferry is running so if you allow 3-4 hours with short stops you can return back via OPH to Hornsby. I like the stop and eat/chinwag option personally.

I'd leave it a month so those new sealed roads bed in before going again, though.

It's a nice change from the OPH and provides some spectacular scenery and challenging roads with a god mix between tight and flowing and straight.

#20 ·
I managed to test the increased threshold on PSM via Softronic tune.
It did a good job in allowing the rear end to drift a significant amount before kicking in. I doubt I would ever turn PSM off as the curb was only another 50cm away :naughty:... I was surprised the rear kept on the road as much as it did considering the lack of rear tire tread.

Man I love this car! :dance:

#26 ·
Ok, lets try for Saturday afternoon @ 4pm after the heat of the day. This will give us a good three hours. Lets head down the Hawksbury via Cowan through Peats Ridge if thats ok with you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.