Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Some follow up, despite "feeling" less than secure with the wallet case, I hit 1.1X Gs on the meter on both sides and several launch controls and the phone never budged.

Love this thing.

·
Vendor
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got mine yesterday and it looks very nice, still waiting on my car to come in now so I can use it!
If I were your dealer - everybody would get their cars in 1 week! :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here's a couple pics of my first "mod" the T Design mount in my 2016 Cayman with an iPhone 6. I absolutely love this mount and highly recommend it if you have a 981!

·
Vendor
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Thanks!

If you get a this (I use it, it's good) Amazon.com: Aukey 4.8A / 24W Dual USB Car Charger Adapter for Apple and Android Devices (The Smallest but Most Powerful Car Charger in the World) - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

plug it into glove box, and then get 1 or 2ft black cable like this, and run it from the glove box - you'll make whole installation even cleaner
Amazon.com: [Apple MFi Certified] Anker 1ft / 0.3m Extra Short Tangle-Free Lightning to USB Cable with Ultra Compact Connector Head for iPhone, iPod and iPad (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Do you guys really need to keep you iPhones plugged? I can ran my Motorola/Adnroid for a few hours easily without cables...

Here's a couple pics of my first "mod" the T Design mount in my 2016 Cayman with an iPhone 6. I absolutely love this mount and highly recommend it if you have a 981!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm always on my phone, so my battery is constantly dying! Thanks for the info on the shorter cable.
My wife and I just returned from a 6000 mile road trip in our Cayman and used this mount every step of the way! It has been flawless and I don't know what we would have done without it since we used it to navigate pretty much every single mile!

·
Vendor
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My wife and I just returned from a 6000 mile road trip in our Cayman and used this mount every step of the way! It has been flawless and I don't know what we would have done without it since we used it to navigate pretty much every single mile!
Thanks for the good words! I use mine every single time i'm in a car too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just received my mount and installed in my right hand drive UK Porsche Boxster 981. So so pleased! As soon as I discovered no where for phone, this was the first thing I brought on the dealership forecourt before I drove away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I waited far too long to get this mount. It really does work exactly as advertised, fits well, and sure does a better job with google maps and a manual transmission than I did holding the damn phone against the steering wheel...

If anyone is on the fence (which can be an uncomfortable place to sit), teeter no more...

Zelig

·
Registered
275 Posts
T-Design, one of the adhesive pads has gone AWOL from the holder. Any chance you can send me a set of new ones to re-install on the clip?

·
Vendor
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
T-Design, one of the adhesive pads has gone AWOL from the holder. Any chance you can send me a set of new ones to re-install on the clip?
Sure. Which side exactly and what model phone do you use? if you could email me the details and your address to [email protected]

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sure. Which side exactly and what model phone do you use? if you could email me the details and your address to [email protected]
Sent PM with the info requested.

Looks like my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is big enough to put too much pressure on the thick pad and kept pushing it out of the holder. The thinner pad is just fine with no problems; the thicker pad would bunch up when putting phone in and out of the holder.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ordered mine recently and just received it and installed it today, I have no idea why I did not do this a long time ago. Looks good and feels very sturdy.

A very nice product!

Happy Motoring!

·
Vendor
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Great to hear! Check out other T-Design products! May be you missing something else too :)

·
Vendor
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Late to the party but just ordered mine!
Only wish there was a wireless charging version for my android phone.
1st world problems...
Thanks,
Making a wireless car charger is a bit tricky, but I'm working on it.

I do have state of the art home version though! (accent on the art part) See my avatar!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks,
Making a wireless car charger is a bit tricky, but I'm working on it.

I do have state of the art home version though! (accent on the art part) See my avatar!
With the new wireless charging iPhone due out in a month or so, did you ever make any headway on the wireless charging? I'm wondering if possible to add an existing QI charger to the mount.

·
Vendor
6,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
With the new wireless charging iPhone due out in a month or so, did you ever make any headway on the wireless charging? I'm wondering if possible to add an existing QI charger to the mount.
Oh yes! We were working on it for a year now, for Samsung crowd. It's not easy to make something that is not just a copy of ugly fugly things that are currently on the market. Something that would not look out of the place in a Porsche... And withstand the Gs of what some people call "spirited driving". But now we have it and we are full steam preparing for production of super slick and elegant wireless charger, bespoke designed for our cars. I do run a prototype in my car right now, and I can tell you once you tried it - you can't go back. But I can't show any pictures until the production parts arrive.

Apple's announcement was just a pleasant surprise. Personally I gave up hope they would be able to master wireless charging. As it was out there for 5 years or something now, no question it's super convenient, yet Apple just kept popping up those identically looking models without it.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts