Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are looking for two 991 owners to give two of our T-Design Magnetic Phone Mounts for free!

Porsche Accessories and Mods - Phone Mount

What's the catch? We need pictures and feedback! We need somebody with a good DSLR camera, able to take (just a few) (but) high quality pictures. And a nice, clean 991 interior.

Don't need a two-hour photoshoot, just a few pictures, don't need too fancy pictures, just somebody with DSLR and who knows how to handle it. Located in US.

Thanks,
Vlad
T-Design9.com

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seriously? Nobody needs free stuff? :gossip:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't mind helping but can't use magnet mounts since I use my phone without a case.
I am interested, if possible, in installing and taking photos of the sunglass holder and the universal phone mount.
I have professional photo gear.

Let me know if you are interested.

Kind Regards,
G

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G,

Just for the record, you can use magnetic mount without case! Just stick the metal plate to the back of the phone. It's quite unobtrusive, unless you really worried about how the back of our phone looks :)

Well, anyway, it's your business to use it or not, for the purpose of pictures you can just attach the metal plate with piece of tape. Give me your address please.

We have all the pics we need of the other stuff, thanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I suspect it's more where you posted than anything else. Planet-9 is almost exclusively Cayman / Boxster people, the 991 forum doesn't get much traffic.

While I have a DSLR and an appropriate lens, what I don't have right now is a car! I traded in my C4S in August, and my GTS 4 order won't come in until late December. Let me know if you're still looking for photos then, though I assume you won't be.

We do have one of your mounts for my wife's Cayman S. It's worked out pretty well for her.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suspect it's more where you posted than anything else. Planet-9 is almost exclusively Cayman / Boxster people, the 991 forum doesn't get much traffic.

While I have a DSLR and an appropriate lens, what I don't have right now is a car! I traded in my C4S in August, and my GTS 4 order won't come in until late December. Let me know if you're still looking for photos then, though I assume you won't be.

We do have one of your mounts for my wife's Cayman S. It's worked out pretty well for her.
I know rennlist is the place for 911, but we do have plenty here too. I think I'm all set now, thanks

·
Registered
782 Posts
Your original mount is now in my 991.2 and functioning 100%
New iPhone X fits great.
X is in a slim Apple plastic case and for me to use a mag mount, I would not want to have a plate attached to the back of the case.
Only problem with an X is, it is always looking for your face. When it can’t find your face, it first dims and then depending on your time interval turns off. It can’t see your face while driving so I change the phones setting to never turn off while driving.
Other than driving, with phone setting of 1 minutes, the phone becomes a buttonless iPhone except for reboot.
Everything is now done with gestures.
Sheer brillance!
Installing some iTunes downloads does require two taps of the OFF switch.-Richard

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What about wireless charging magnetic mount for your X?! We are working on that right now!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Apple CarPlay is standard for the 991.2.
For the 991.2 ,CarPlay requires a USB hookup to a USB port in the center arm rest.
The port is powered so when using CarPlay no other power source is required.
When using an iPhone in my 981 power is available from any of two sources by cord.
I woulde assume down the road so to speak wifi CarPlay will be available and a Qi dock coming with the car.-Richard

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning, I've been away for some time now. Left before the package was delivered. Am returning late this week. Should be able to install it and get some pictures over to you sometime this weekend. My apologies for the delay.

·
Vendor
6,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Two more months passed. Still no pictures. Gosh.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Two more months passed. Still no pictures. Gosh.
if you are looking for 718 Boxster owner... ?
Same here. I’ve been looking at their magnetic solution but haven’t seen any pictures or installation on a 718. I am interested but hesitant until I see some pictures or video that it installs fine and is snug. The bezel around the display seems to be much slimmer than that on the 981. I would be more than happy to try installation as well as take photos/video if desired.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.