Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of 09 911C2....question: I had to park outside last night (heavy rain) and today I have significant condensation in both rear taillights.....any suggestions? Thanks, Ralph Tucker

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'd say wait for a while and see if it goes away, try to park under the sun for a while. If not, perhaps a dealer visit is in order for warranty replacements!

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Take it to the dealer for warranty replacement, chances are the seals are little weak and if it's letting in moisture it will only get worse I would think.......

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
That doesn't sound right. Possibly the gaskets are not sealing. There should be no condensation inside the lens. Have the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dropped car off last night, they are going to replace both taillight assys. Thanks for your response(s):)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, no charge on the replacement......car only had 175 miles on it - problem developed immediately after delivery. Staff at Harper Porsche in Knoxville was very helpful......they gave me a nice loaner while we waited on parts arrival....really odd that both rear light assemblies failed...but they took care of everything. I would recommend them to our readers.:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had an 08 997 C4S Gen 2 demonstrator out from a Porsche Centre in the UK about 9 months ago. Both tail lights had about 2mm of water in the bottom of them and were covered in condensation inside. The Porsche Centre hadn't noticed but replaced them both shortly afterwards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts