Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look at #7. If the waves were that good, I guess I could understand.
Well that's true, you sound like my kinda guy. We great surf here in Daytona behind that storm, but I still think I would have secured the Porsche a little better :crazy:.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,272 Posts
That's sad, but if I could only save one vehicle, the Cayman would not be the one, sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Honestly that last picture while sad would make a great calendar shot for next year you should think about submitting it...
Agreed....If it is theirs that is. Maybe you should contact the photographer listed on that site Ken and see if they mind.

Very sad to see, but kind of awesome in a twisted sorta way to see in that last picture, I mean how often will you see a Cayman like that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
At least he went down spoiler up!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Cayman belong to any one here?

This would heart. I hope insurance will cover the full loss!

The No'reaster/Hurricane Ida combo passing over the East coast last week wreaked a fair bit of havoc. It even managed to sink a Porsche Cayman into the sand of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. Best buried treasure ever?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Re: Cayman belong to any one here?

Wonder if it will ever work again!

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Credit to the photographer excellent camera skills.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Note to those in the market for a used Cayman S. Don't buy purple! I'm just saying...

·
Registered
156 Posts
I see it in #4 as well from the front. Where was this exactly? Honestly that last picture while sad would make a great calendar shot for next year you should think about submitting it...
I agree it would look great in a calendar.

Does anyone else see the irony of a Cayman in the sand/water? I mean isn't that where a Cayman should reside?

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Okay,I'll say it.I know some of you are thinking the same thing."Wow a Croc in the water". Sorry to see it though.Hate to see any fine automobile in such a state:(

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
930 Posts
Where was this exactly?
This is in Rodanthe on the Outer Banks of NC about 30 miles north of Cape Hatteras along Route 12. It's also about 15 miles north of where we spent a week at the beach this summer. The Cayman may never go back there! :)

It is not at all uncommon for Rt. 12 to wash away in big storms like a nor'easter or a hurricane. In places there are less than 15 - 20 yards of beach on either side of the pavement, and the land is only a few feet above sea level. The dunes are the only thing keeping the ocean from the roadbed. Once big waves breach the dunes it's all over for the houses and the road.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts