Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a pretty exhaustive forum search, but no dice on this one folks. There are a couple of YouTube videos floating out there as well tangentially related to my question below, but nothing quite so specific to my situation.

The upshot: moving to South Korea and will be bringing my Cayman R from the States along with me. Dealer was 0% helpful in this endeavor. As it's a MY '12, I have PCM 3.0 with a firmware version of v2.20. Question is, with the hard drive-based 987.2 PCM, is it as simple a fix as ordering the South Korean map DVDs through my stealer and then installing them to get the correct maps on the hard drive? I'm also looking to get the proper language support for my PCM as well so that the display renders in both Korean and English (which may be a byproduct of having the correct maps installed via the South Korean-market PCM update discs). Fully realize that I can probably resolve this through the extensive network of Porsche dealers in the ROK upon arrival, but would rather handle it up-front in the States before moving as it will be infinitely less costly.

Any help for such a niche question is truly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
For what it's worth I went to the South Korean Porsche website and accessed the 987.2 parts manual and see there are 12 different DVDs listed under the PCM section. They are all different part numbers but the description does not indicate anything useful. Seems like your dealer is a lazy creep and should be able to figure this out for you. Maybe a call to Porsche N.A. would get you some help. Hey good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts