Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm flying down to Ray Catena Porsche in Edison, NJ tomorrow morning to take delivery of my '08 CS and drive it back to NH. I have been looking at this car on the internet for about 2 months thinking that somebody else would buy it before I got a chance to look at it. It's Forest Green with Black Standard Leather. The milage is 7,159 and has the Preferred Package Plus. Big thanks to Pcay60 for looking at the car for me initially. I had the dealership run a print out of the cars DME (digital motor electronics) using their PIWIS (porsche integrated workshop information system). The tech said the revs never even came close to nearing red line. When I came to look at the car and take a test drive I asked if they would put the car up a service lift to inspect the underbody which they did. Great customer service. And yes, the socket key to remove the security wheel lug nut is intact. Even comes with the original window sticker. This has been my dream car for years, my first Porsche and at 66 years I have finally fulfilled that dream.
I'm trying to learn as much as I can and this forum is a great resource.

I'm currently driving the blue R32 behind the Cayman. Bought new, no winters, 49K miles. Keeping it as my "practical" sports car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Great classic colour. Enjoy!

And now when you have "real" sports car in your garage you can put some winter rubber into your AWD R32 and also get some fun in the snow during the white season.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Congrats U R gonna love it...You need a drive around the Presidential region and across the Kangamangus highway, I wish I lived up there...

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Love that color! Congratulation.It ain't over till the fat lady sings.Good for you,for not loosing sight of a goal.May you have many many years of enjoyment and miles traveled with your mean green machine:cheers:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Congrats! You'll enjoy your drive back to NH! You should find out if there is anything you want the dealer to program at time of deliver too. I had the dealer program in the auto lock @ 3mph with the PIWIS before taking delivery. If that's something you want, def put that on the list and give to your sales guy when you get there, so the tech can program it in before the delivery. Good luck & enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
Congrats. I have had my 08 CS for exactly one year and have put 12,000 miles on it as a daily driver. It is my first Porsche but, God willing will not be my last. Oh, and I am going on 64 so I know exactly what you mean.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Yay! another Green one. Anyone seen Forest next to the PRG?

Looks similar in pics, but I have never seen a Forest up close.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great looking car. I saw it myself at Ray Catena, but I have an '08 base Cayman in Cobalt Blue in the garage already. Good luck with your car, I'm sure you will love it. We vacation in NH on Lake Winnepesauke...maybe we'll see you around sometime!:cheers:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Damn that thing has a beautiful shine. I am going out to wash mine ASAP. Congrats on the purchase. You are going to love it. I have had mine a month and have managed to put 2000 miles on it. I just can't seem to go straight home.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I flew into Newark International Airport at 11:15 am and my salesman picked me up curbside in this. Purchasing a Porsche, at least from Ray Catena, is a completely different experience from any other manufacturer I've ever dealt with. A class act.

The showroom was filled with lots of new and pre-owned Porsches. Hard to tell the pre-owned from new if it weren't for the warranty stickers on the windshield.

A tasteful new Spyder in white graces the showroom window.

My salesman attached my temporary plate getting it ready for the road.

All these Porsches are waiting for their new owners to take delivery. The demographics in this area of NJ/NY must not be affected by the recession.

After signing various forms and receiving some Porsche swag (Hat, coffee thermos, key chains and EZ Pass holder) I was off on my 6 hour adventure driving my CS back home to NH. I have to say that is probably the best way to get acquainted with a new Porsche. Total immersion learning all the switchgear as you go. Only turned the windshield wipers on once. LOL! Coming from a 240 hp R32 the CS certainly has some power in the upper revs. Torque is lacking compared to the VR6 but just keep the revs up. The sound is amazing when getting on the gas. Despite some full acceleration runs I was still getting an average of 20 mpg. I also had some sections of narrow twisties going up over the mountains of southeast NY along the Taconic Pkwy and the car feels so planted. Lots of police out today and I was lucky not to get pulled over. It's so easy to do 80-85 because it's so smooth. Impressive.

Stopped a few times along the way and had to take some pictures.

Once up into VT the roads were less congested and made for some nice driving.

The fuel light came on so I pulled into a station. I can see it's easy to overfill the tank as I had some go down the drain tube.

Pulled into my driveway at 6:20 after putting on 340 fun filled miles.

I can see why Porsche claims "there is no substitute". The car feels like it's made out of billet aluminum it's so solid and the shifter feels like you are locking and loading a rifle. And the brakes are so confidence inspiring. Brilliant!

My showroom clean CS is now covered with bugs as todays warm weather brought them all out. What's the best way to remove them without doing harm? 3 bucket wash?

·
VLAGER
292 Posts
Glad that you were able to realize a dream. Driving my CS always puts a smile on my face and I'll be that for the first couple of days of your ownership you had a big grin too. Nor'easter group from Planet-9 is always doing something so hopefully you will be able to join in soon. Have fun.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congratulations and thanks for the great photos.
I, too, am 66 and ready for a CS.
I came close last year, but my hesitation allowed some one else to buy it.
I've been searching ever since.
I'm happy that didn't happen to you, you've got a great looking car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts