Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
When you have time I am also very interested in getting a price for this kit. Forgive me if this has been asked or posted but is there a timeline on when we may see the dyno sheet on the test mule? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was just telling a buddy of mine who runs an engine shop about this and just went on tpcracing.com and it says 981 kits with ECUs. 1. Is your kit and ECU done? 2. Do you need another install shop in California?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I was just telling a buddy of mine who runs an engine shop about this and just went on tpcracing.com and it says 981 kits with ECUs. 1. Is your kit and ECU done? 2. Do you need another install shop in California?
Yes! The 981 Turbo Kit is ready. Here is the news section thread where there has been discussion on the kit http://www.planet-9.com/news-items/110184-tpc-turbo-kits-981-model-line-now-available.html

There are shops in California that install our kits, but we are not ready to have this system sent mail order yet. We would like to do the first 5 to 10 cars done in house before doing mail order.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Awesome, thanks, Harris! Now if I can just talk my wife into letting me buy another car... (just bought a Tesla Model S... should'a' waited!).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Update please. How many installs have been done in house? I really want to do this....but in my garage.

casey

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ok, thanks. Im really looking forward to a turbo like this, as well as a custom tune to tie it all together.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Now that it's been out for a couple years - has anyone in California gotten one? Is there any way of passing emissions tests, or do you have to get it taken off every 2 years to pass the test? Anyone have any experience to share?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Now that it's been out for a couple years - has anyone in California gotten one? Is there any way of passing emissions tests, or do you have to get it taken off every 2 years to pass the test? Anyone have any experience to share?
I don't think many have installed this kit for the 981. Perhaps once ppl fall out of warranty, there will be more info on this kit.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts