Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not jumping into mods right away but I'm keeping my eyes open and learning the ups & downs meanwhile till the time comes. It seems the most reputed companies for increasing hp & torque for the 991 turbo is TechArt, GIAC, BR-P and TPC. But there are others that I'll be adding to this thread as I come across them.

GIAC|Software for Porsche ® 3.8 Turbo

TECHART - Engine

BR-Performance

TPC still has no announcement on their website but I know they're working on it.

This thread will be dedicated to experiences, feedback and opinions about mods and tunes for the 991 turbo/S performance figures, hp and torque. So feel free to share what you find and know.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
re: TechArt, GIAC, BR-P, TPC & others for 991 turbo

I just received a confirmation from my dealer; i.e. any car modification will cancel the warranty regardless of type of modification and regardless if the failure is not related. Even the fact that TechArt and SAMACO (Porsche dealer here) are owned by the same family, that doesn't help.

I feel the urge to scream :(

·
Premium Member
634 Posts

I just received a confirmation from my dealer; i.e. any car modification will cancel the warranty regardless of type of modification and regardless if the failure is not related. Even the fact that TechArt and SAMACO (Porsche dealer here) are owned by the same family, that doesn't help.

I feel the urge to scream :(
I've used GIAC on my Cayenne Turbo and 01 911 Turbo in the past the one that had the obd2 switcher 91/100 octane and stock file(old school)... then after that I use all EVOMS stuff... I feel your frustration.. but i think its up to the dealer if they are mod friendly :) I've had warranty stuff worked on my cars with no issues.. and they had ecu tune, exhaust, intakes,bypass pipes......I cant say which dealer though.....lmao!!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

These two companies fighting each other for the fastest 991 turbo title.

PP-Performance just broke into the 9 seconds category:

And Simon Motorsport achieved 10.3 seconds

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here it is in details, the tuning for the 991 turbo with a mad 2.5 seconds 0-100 km/hr
PP-Performance tunes the Porsche 911 Turbo to 670 PS [video]

PP-Performance promises an improvement of 150PS (148hp) and 160Nm (118 lb-ft), lifting the 991 Turbo's headline figures from 520PS and 660Nm to 670PS (661hp) and 820Nm (605 lb-ft) respectively.

As a result, the sprint time from zero to 100km/h (62mph) is reduced from 3.4 sec to 2.5 sec and to 200mph (124mph) from 11.1 sec to 8.2 sec, while the quarter mile run on the drag strip is completed in just 9.896 seconds

And no, I'm holding my horses still :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
The PP performance is interesting but they are using a tuning box rather than a reflash which is not ideal. Also, just because you can get another 150PS out of the stock turbos doesn't really mean that you should do that. It may very well be running at the absolute limit i.e. massive heat from overstressed turbos mixed with a super rich fuel strategy to cool down the combustion chamber and a bunch of timing pulled out. That isn't a healthy way to do it and I wouldn't consider that a well engineered solution.

- Patrick

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Hassaan, repeat after me "I have a SERIOUS power addiction".

That is the first step man.

Drive it stock for a while and then see.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hassaan, repeat after me "I have a SERIOUS power addiction".
John, repeat after me: "I'll break your bones Hassaan if you mod your car." :)

2.5 seconds 0-100 is a jaw-dropping figure but it's more tempting not to lose the engine. I'm here demonstrating what can be done with the beast on this thread.

Reactions: jhthornley

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
2.5 is amazing, but so is 3.4 or whatever it'll do stock. Saw a 991 TT and two 991 GT3s at cars and coffee Saturday. Any of the 3 would have been top car there, including Ferraris and lambos.

In reference to another recent thread, I would DD a 458 if it was "only" $80k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts