Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year everyone!

Im in the process of installing the gt2 wing on my cayman and I was wondering if anyone here did the same? The reason I'm asking is. Techart gives you info and parts to replace in the motor for the stock wing so it doesn't come up. Does anyone here know maybe what fuse needs to be pulled out instead of doing all that work. I also took my car to a dealer to disable this with the computer they use but they told me they didn't have any luck disabling it. I found some posts on here but the information about what fuse to pull out is different in each one. Also I know by pulling the right fuse out this will also disable the rear trunk unlock as well. Any help will be great Thank you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
By GT2 wing, do you mean the Type II wing? I'd love to see some pics if you have any to share. I'm thinking about going down this route myself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Alan,
no there is no fuse pull, you need to do the work. its not that hard to do, when you pull out the motor, its straightforward, the instructions look confusing. recommend to take your time and an extra set of hands. took me and my friend about 1.5 hrs taking our time to pull bumper, modify motor and put back together. Im sure if it was as easy as pulling a fuse, techart would have not gone through the trouble to modify the motor.

the spoiler base I installed it myself and was easy as well.

Luis

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
I remember this question came up before - and the answer was there is no single fuse responsible for the motor. You need to disconnect the wiring.

We need pictures when you are all done!

Reactions: Lime-Gold

·
Registered
74 Posts
Easiest option is to have it disabled at the Porsche dealer. They just turn off the program. If you just unplug it, it will throw a code every time you drive fast enough for the wing to go up or come down. My dealer didn't charge anything to disable the program, and its easy for them to turn it back on should you decide to go back to stock configuration. Good luck

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easiest option is to have it disabled at the Porsche dealer. They just turn off the program. If you just unplug it, it will throw a code every time you drive fast enough for the wing to go up or come down. My dealer didn't charge anything to disable the program, and its easy for them to turn it back on should you decide to go back to stock configuration. Good luck
My dealer wasn't able to do it for me couldn't find it in the comp. I ended up doing it the way techart suggested

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great fit! DIY? Did it come with matching paint from techart? Total cost?

Thx masti. I did the install myself but you would need another set of hands to help out. The parts come bare and you paint them the color you want. The rear wing needed some work before it could be painted. I wasn't happy with the way it came from techart there were imperfections in the mold that needed to be fixed. The wing and the front spoiler were about 4600$ plus paint.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow, i love everything about the car. where did you purchase the wheels and what color code did you use?
Thx mk. I'll seed to look and see where I got the rims from but the paint is a special color there isn't a code. But it's red anodized aluminum color I was going for.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Really nice 981! The colour combination of the grey and red really pops. Painting the base of the spoiler red anodized looks great.

I was wondering what front bumper you have on your car? It looks like a Techart lip, but the front grill is throwing me off.

Keep up the great work.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really nice 981! The colour combination of the grey and red really pops. Painting the base of the spoiler red anodized looks great.

I was wondering what front bumper you have on your car? It looks like a Techart lip, but the front grill is throwing me off.

Keep up the great work.
Thx Ethan. It's the stock cayman s bumper with the techart spoiler and the vent you see on the top middle was custom fitted. It's a gt3 air vent that was cut in the bumper.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Thx Ethan. It's the stock cayman s bumper with the techart spoiler and the vent you see on the top middle was custom fitted. It's a gt3 air vent that was cut in the bumper.
Thanks for the reply. That added touch looks great!

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Hi Oto,

I have one more question. I am in the process of ordering the front lip, but want to know what the front lip is, and the trim bars for the front lip? I am assuming the trim bar is the red piece you painted? Wouldn't it look weird without that piece?

Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts