Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motorsport-like gear changes – TECHART is fulfilling its customers this desire. Starting from May the new TECHART retrofit kit allows all drivers to upgrade their Porsche sport steering wheel or multifunction steering wheel featuring the standard PDK gearshift switchers.

The TECHART paddle shifters were shown in a world premiere in the design study Concept One at the Geneva Motor-Show. The ergonomically mounted paddles allow the driver to shift up with a pull of the right paddle and to shift down with a pull of the left paddle. Hardwearing injection molded ABS parts ensure a pleasant paddle temperature – both at intensive insolation and hibernal temperatures.

Precise control as well as quick shifting and perfect handling offer a maximum of driving pleasure. Even for enthusiastic driving – with the TECHART paddle shifters the driver has the absolute control. Motorsport feeling – for on-track and on-road driving.

Uncompromisingly sportive as well as suitable for daily on-road use – the TECHART paddle shifters are available under the following Article No. 000.430.400.009 for all Porsche sport steering wheels and multifunction steering wheels with PDK gearshift switches as well as all TECHART sport steering wheels.

Anyone know how much is it?

PIC from TECHART

·
Registered
12 Posts
wayneoinla,

why dont you consider the paddle steering wheel from suncoast? I've an 08 CS and ordered the paddle wheel from suncoast (speak to aaron) a little while back. I also purchased a control module for the wheel. Managed to get it all installed at my dealers 2 days ago. They spent a whole day configuring the new wheel, transferring data to the new control module but thankfully it was done.

Im very happy with the way the new wheel looks. Tons better than the old triangular one.

·
Registered
337 Posts
wayneoinla,

why dont you consider the paddle steering wheel from suncoast? I've an 08 CS and ordered the paddle wheel from suncoast (speak to aaron) a little while back. I also purchased a control module for the wheel. Managed to get it all installed at my dealers 2 days ago. They spent a whole day configuring the new wheel, transferring data to the new control module but thankfully it was done.

Im very happy with the way the new wheel looks. Tons better than the old triangular one.
That wheel looks great. That's now an option from the factory for the '11 Caymans w/ PDK correct?

·
Registered
12 Posts
mine is a tiptronic transmission.

suncoast does do the paddle wheel for pdk caymans. you'll just need a good tech to install everything. The pdk one is in fact cheaper than the tip wheel.

wheel is ordered from germany and you might also need a control module but I cant be sure for pdk. best check with suncoast.

·
Registered
337 Posts
mine is a tiptronic transmission.

suncoast does do the paddle wheel for pdk caymans. you'll just need a good tech to install everything. The pdk one is in fact cheaper than the tip wheel.

wheel is ordered from germany and you might also need a control module but I cant be sure for pdk. best check with suncoast.
ya I guess that would be the case if you have a '09-'10 PDK, but I believe Porsche has made this wheel available as a build option on the '11 PDK so it would come that way from the factory

·
Registered
121 Posts
wayneoinla,

Thanks alot for the advise, in fact, I was on their site yesterday and the wheels are really fairly priced. My only concern is; if I should purchase the wheel from the same place that will install it. The reason being is, if there are any issues with installation I have a place that can account for it... Have you had any software issues like switching of gears or delayed reaction times between shifts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe Porsche has made this wheel available as a build option on the '11 PDK so it would come that way from the factory
I just ordered a 2011 Boxster S PDK (arrives in June) and was able to order the factory installed sports steering wheel with paddle shifters. It basically looks like the suncoast pictures posted above and cost $490 as an option when ordering my car.
You can check out official Porsche images of it you try to configure a car on the Porsche-Germany website which has already updated the interior pictures and option list for 2011 cars(look under the leather interior options). The Porsche-USA site isn't updated yet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Is the Techart upgrade available for the multi function wheels? I would really like the paddles but dont want to lose my multifunction which i would have to do with the standard Porsche one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey Salmonella, this module you mention along with the wheel, whats the deal with that. Is it a necessary part of the paddle shifter and, can it be used on a multi capable wheel. Such as, radio and phone control. Because if I do this I like to get the multi optional wheel also.
My understanding is the module is necessary if for instance you have Sport Chrono +. When engaged in "sport mode" or "sport plus" it lights up on the face of the wheel. I have that option but I did not get the xtra module. About $200 plus something. I can see it in the cluster so I passed that up. The multi function wheel is a lot more money.

Ed

·
Registered
368 Posts
Has anyone ever used Techart? I contacted them today about the wheel in this thread and I can have a multifunction heated wheel in ocean blue to replace my current wheel so that I have the paddles for £2000. This also allows me to have white stitching to match the rest of the stitching in the car whereas this wasnt available on the wheel from factory build. What do you guys think? good idea?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.