Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1440 Posts

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Mine is a base model, with the following options...
Silver
Natural red full leather interior
Sport Design steering wheel
Two way sport plus seats
Painted wheel center caps
Manual transmission

That's it! Very simple, no P-Electronics, no nav. Just basic, sport car fun!
No, yours is loaded. I have basics:

Conv.package (heated seats+wind screen)
Sports design steering wheel.

That's it. After driving it for 3 days now - I know I was right not to get any gimmicks. Base S has everything is necessary for a fast drivers car. And my phone have more software and music than porsche will ever manages to load into the car. And I can update my phone any way I want. :)

The only thing I regret is how quiet it is. You need to get into 5000s to make it the way I like it. I know I'll need sportier exhaust. But I'm sure good aftermarket will beat whatever porsche will offer.

:dance:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
What's a CD? And why would you need 6 of them?!

:hilarious:
They are for playing things called albums. Albums were an ancient concept of arranging songs in a meaningful order so an artist could convey a mood or a theme. When done right, it had fantastic results. Sadly, there have been few new, great albums. The next time you’re sitting on your grand pappy’s knee ask him to explain it to you. :taunt: The process of picking out an album (or series of albums) for a particular road trip rather than playing what’s in your iPod or iPhone, is quite analogous to shifting gears by hand instead of letting a computer do it for you. (Actually, vinyl albums are a better analogy to that, but they don’t work well in cars.) IMHO albums are the only way to listen to music, and a gear shift lever and clutch pedal are the only way to drive a car. You have to experience both to appreciate them.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My 981 Base Cayman will eventually be:

Manual transmission
Sport Design steering wheel
20" Wheels
Painted wheel center caps
HID lights (base comes with halogens if you can believe it)
(PASM Maybe...)

That's it. Nice and pure.

:thanks:
I like it: pure and simple. I came very close to going that route and still wonder if I should have. You really need a CD changer in that car to complete the pure and simple theme!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I think the pure and simple theme would be to have an eight tack cassette deck! Lol!

That said, I will be curious to see how the exhaust sounds on the regular Boxster. The S I drove had a sport chrono pack and in sport mode, it definitely had a more purposeful note.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Made the mistake not ordering many options on my 2009 Boxster S and after market installation is always more expensive and sometimes not even possible.

BASE Boxster S
0Q White
4V Convertible Top in Black
AZ Leather interior in Black
641 Electronic logbook
844 Multi-function steering wheel
345 Steering wheel heating
630 Light design package
658 Power Steering Plus
640 Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PC
475 PASM
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
636 ParkAssist (front and rear)
423 20-inch Carrera S wheel
XLF Sports exhaust system
P06 Sports seats, electrical (14-w
P91 Infotainment Package w/BOSE(R)
P94 Premium Package
268 Rain sensor
276 Automatically dimming mirrors
220 Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
450 Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
XHB Center console trim in leather

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I think the pure and simple theme would be to have an eight tack cassette deck! Lol!

That said, I will be curious to see how the exhaust sounds on the regular Boxster. The S I drove had a sport chrono pack and in sport mode, it definitely had a more purposeful note.

With an 8-track, I'd have to have a 4-speed manual gearbox; a cassette player would require a 5-speed. Maybe if I went with a 7-speed manual 991 I'd use an i-Something for music, but a 6-speed and a CD player is perfect. :)

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
With an 8-track, I'd have to have a 4-speed manual gearbox; a cassette player would require a 5-speed. Maybe if I went with a 7-speed manual 991 I'd use an i-Something for music, but a 6-speed and a CD player is perfect. :)

You kids!

Three on the tree and a AM mono radio with a single whizzer cone speaker in the dash is where it's at for pure-and-simple...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Oh that's good. Ive seen all the colors excepting the aqua blue in the showroom.
Ditto. I went searching for a photo of an Aqua Blue/Beige car today and it appears that Aqua Blue is pretty rare. Far outnumbered by Dark Blue, for instance. Anyway, trying to find a decent quality photo of this combination was difficult. I've specified a blue top so the attached 911 photo was interesting. I also found a photo of a 911 with luxor beige interior and deviating (blue) carpet, as I've ordered.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
You kids!

Three on the tree and a AM mono radio with a single whizzer cone speaker in the dash is where it's at for pure-and-simple...

How far can I go off topic before I get gonged? My first car was a 1976 AMC Gremlin: white with a blue interior. It had three on the floor and an AM in-dash radio. I yanked it out and put in a proper cassette player, thereby passing the whole 8-track thing. Man, that was living, and I was too sexy for my shirt when I cruised! :hilarious:

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ditto. I went searching for a photo of an Aqua Blue/Beige car today and it appears that Aqua Blue is pretty rare. Far outnumbered by Dark Blue, for instance. Anyway, trying to find a decent quality photo of this combination was difficult. I've specified a blue top so the attached 911 photo was interesting. I also found a photo of a 911 with luxor beige interior and deviating (blue) carpet, as I've ordered.
Check out my thread on the Porsche World Experience. I have a few aqua blue pics on there. It was a Boxster S, and looked awesome. Only reason I did not get that color is my BMW is Le Mans Blue, very similar. Don't need two blue cars! FYI, all the colors look much better in person than in photos or the configurator.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Yeah when I was searching for that color combo I could only find a few pictures and it was on a 911. I didnt know you could get the deivated blye carpet I would have gotten as well. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You kids!

My 68 Nova SS was ordered as radio delete with factory plate covering the opening! Bought it from the original owner 3 years ago. Still wears the paint it was squirted with from the factory in 68. Don't need a radio in 60's muscle cars. Running through the gears is music to my ears.:burnout:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Check out my thread on the Porsche World Experience. I have a few aqua blue pics on there. It was a Boxster S, and looked awesome. Only reason I did not get that color is my BMW is Le Mans Blue, very similar. Don't need two blue cars!
I did miss those photos until now, Mike, thanks for posting! Almost bought LeMans Blue for my other ride -- '11 328i Touring M sport -- but ended up switching to white.

Thanks again for the photos! :cheers:

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Finally, after a few weeks of waiting, configuring and test driving, I ordered my 981 S yesterday.

I plan on doing European Delivery in Leipzig. Here are the configuration options. Note that the US has some options as standard such as TPM, HomeLink, Cruise Control, that are options in Germany.

• Boxster S racing yellow
  • P91 Infotainment Package:
    BOSE Surround Sound System, PCM, Navi, Satellite und HD Radio (don't really need the last 2)
  • P94 Premium Package:
    Bi-Xenon(TM) headlights with Porsche
    Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
    Wind Deflector
    2-Zone Automatic Air Conditioning
    Seat Heating
    Automatically Dimming Mirrors
    Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Driver Memory
  • Interior Colors AZ Leather interior in Black with
    pebblegray Stitching upper door stiches, instrument hood and dashboard (unfortunately they did not have yellow available at the moment for quality reasons)
  • 498 Deletion of Model Designation
  • 546 Supplemental safety roll-bar painted in Exterior color
  • 636 ParkAssist (front and rear) (due to visibility issues)
  • 748 Electrically folding exterior mirrors
  • 220 Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
  • 250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
  • 475 Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
  • 640 Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM, Sport Chrono clock dial in Racing Yellow
  • XLF Sports exhaust system
  • Wheels 423 20-inch Carrera S wheel painted in Black
  • 541 Seat ventilation (not sure if I really will need it, but since it has a black interior...)
  • 583 Smoking package (for cleaner look and additional poweroutlet)
  • 630 Light design package (looks nicer but is not really needed)
  • 840 SportDesign steering wheel
  • S9Y European Delivery - Leipzig

Pic from the 3D configuration attached.

Now I have to wait until September... I guess I will have to do more test drives hehe

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Finally, after a few weeks of waiting, configuring and test driving, I ordered my 981 S yesterday.

I plan on doing European Delivery in Leipzig. Here are the configuration options. Note that the US has some options as standard such as TPM, HomeLink, Cruise Control, that are options in Germany.

• Boxster S racing yellow
  • P91 Infotainment Package:
    BOSE Surround Sound System, PCM, Navi, Satellite und HD Radio (don't really need the last 2)
  • P94 Premium Package:
    Bi-Xenon(TM) headlights with Porsche
    Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
    Wind Deflector
    2-Zone Automatic Air Conditioning
    Seat Heating
    Automatically Dimming Mirrors
    Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Driver Memory
  • Interior Colors AZ Leather interior in Black with
    pebblegray Stitching upper door stiches, instrument hood and dashboard (unfortunately they did not have yellow available at the moment for quality reasons)
  • 498 Deletion of Model Designation
  • 546 Supplemental safety roll-bar painted in Exterior color
  • 636 ParkAssist (front and rear) (due to visibility issues)
  • 748 Electrically folding exterior mirrors
  • 220 Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)
  • 250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
  • 475 Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
  • 640 Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM, Sport Chrono clock dial in Racing Yellow
  • XLF Sports exhaust system
  • Wheels 423 20-inch Carrera S wheel painted in Black
  • 541 Seat ventilation (not sure if I really will need it, but since it has a black interior...)
  • 583 Smoking package (for cleaner look and additional poweroutlet)
  • 630 Light design package (looks nicer but is not really needed)
  • 840 SportDesign steering wheel
  • S9Y European Delivery - Leipzig

Pic from the 3D configuration attached.

Now I have to wait until September... I guess I will have to do more test drives hehe
This is one seriously configured car. Congrats, and good choice on the exterior color :cheers:

My Boxster doesn't have smoking package and it came with 3 poweroutlets. One in the center console, one in the glove box, and one outside on the passenger's left foot well.

21 - 40 of 1440 Posts