Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
...And there's a TRD exhaust for it that "sounds really good," but we can't order it yet because "Toyota hasn't designed it yet." ....
The stuff that came out of the salesman's mouth was hilarious for sure. But in his defense, the TRD exhaust system does sound pretty darn good on the car. I've heard it myself. I think what he meant to say was that it's not available for purchase just yet.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've thought about a BRZ since I get unbelievably good and cheap service at my Subaru dealer (flats fixed within 10 minutes of calling the service dept., $27 oil changes done in an hour, loaner cars post-warranty, new tires matching Tire Rack prices and other things Porsche owners could only dream of). However, I'm a big guy with a not-so-straight back and I found that I couldn't sit all the way back in the BRZ's seats. The torso bolsters are really tight and seem to be made more for younger, thinner drivers. However, the materials in the Subie are pretty good, especially for the money.

I like the idea of a relatively simple sports car that costs less than half of a Boxster or Cayman, yet gives you maybe 75% or more of the driving excitement. It reminds me of my old RX-7, which was cheap to own and great fund to drive, even though it only had 100 horsepower.

I wonder what Porsche would charge if they slapped their badge on a BRZ and added more leather to the interior. Based on the quality of my two everyday Subarus, I bet you'll never see the headliner fall down in a BRZ. I won't worry about that, since I've heard a BRZ convertible is in the wings. I'll definitely take a look at that when it gets to the showroom.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts