Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In trying to decide which 2016 Cayman to order, no source has been more useful than the Planet 9 forum. I'm confident now that I have configured my new Cayman S for the way I drive, with the options I need (want) and without the ones I don't. Of course, once it arrives, I'll probably wish I had done something differently, but that will be hindsight and it's always 100%.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Last week I ordered a 2016 Cayman Base to replace my 2014 Cayman Base. It is close to my 2014 configuration. I changed exterior color (to Mahogany Metallic), added X73, SportDesign Wheel, tailpipe, different 19" wheels (Boxster S vs. Cayman S) options. PDK, 14 Way Seats,PDLS, sound system (CDR vs. Infotainment) are the same. I have previously owned an 08 Cayman S 6MT and a Cayman R (6MT). I think this one will be really close :).

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Tom K. Thanks for the note. Yes, I was expecting to order either Dark Blue Metallic or Agate. But as my wife and I looked at all the color samples in the dealer we were taken with the Mahogany Metallic. My wife said, it is not common, yet it is very luxurious in appearance or words to that effect. I thought it looked particularly nice with Luxor. I have had my current 981 with the Luxor and have loved the way it always looks and how easy it is to keep looking great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts