Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've finalised the order today (well.....we placed the order right before Christmas but have just made some minor changes) and im so so excited!! (really need to calm down now to type the rest of this...)

So the story begins with my experience on the passenger seat of my father's 996 mk1 gt3 back in 2000, back then i was just a rebel at school, boy i had no idea what driving is about, the only things that mattered were music and computer games, and here i am 10 years later, got my first car with most of my savings, graduated from college, now got a job, and now me & my dad going to the dealership... to finalise our order on the '10 CS... father & son style!

The thing that did it for me was the porsche world roadshow last year (well done to those porsche marketing folks!) and my recent test drive of my frd's '08 CS sport.

This is our spec:

Ext. colour in Black
Std. 18" CS II wheel w/wheel centre set
Int. in Stone grey
Sport buckets in leather
Seat belts in guards red

Alu look wing mirror (lower part)
Rear cenre console Alu look
Universal audio interface

6-speed Manual
Ltd. slip rear diff. lock
Sport chrono
Short shifter
PASM

Man i couldn't wait till it arrives in mid-April!!!!! i think i might be going insane cuz of the waiting!!!

:sleep:...currently day dreaming about installing the Valentine one and going flat-out... hmmmm...

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
...currently day dreaming about installing the Valentine one and going flat-out... hmmmm...
Congrats - it will be worth the wait. :cheers:

Can you actually go "flat out" anywhere in H.K.? (The last time I was there it seemed to be constant bumper to bumper traffic everywhere.)

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Congrats & enjoy! yes the wait is the main killer when buying a Porsche.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats - it will be worth the wait. :cheers:

Can you actually go "flat out" anywhere in H.K.? (The last time I was there it seemed to be constant bumper to bumper traffic everywhere.)
Thx for the comments!

there's actually no where in HK to drive it flat out wihout risking my drivers license, but we actually intend on taking it to the zhu hai track where it can do what it does best!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thx for the comments!

there's actually no where in HK to drive it flat out wihout risking my drivers license, but we actually intend on taking it to the zhu hai track where it can do what it does best!
Hi turbo_bandit!

You just made a wise decision. Most of the Gen II Cayman in HK are PDK, let us know the feedback of your Gen II stickshift.

There are a few Hong Kong Cayman owners on this website, you can see our post in the Asia Forum. Welcome to the Porsche family!

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Welcome to the site. Congrats on the order and the wait will be tough, but soooooo worth it.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Congrats. Stay excited. You will enjoy your new ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts