Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
A great question for your setup shop who is doing the corner balance and alignment. It will vary based on your all up weight, tire choice, dampeners, sways, and performance driving experience. No one simple "best" answer sorry.

Here is a brief description of the loads and forces a pro setup shop evaluates before choosing the proper springs. As you can see it's just not so simple as "pick this one!".
Dynamic Load Transfer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your answer.Yes you're absolutely correct! No one simple "best" answer.

Lowering Springs for stock dumpers are producing from several companies. But I think most one is just for styling. Is there any lowering springs specialized for track use?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yes, my car has lowering springs that are somewhat stiffer and about 20mm lower than stock. I have no idea which ones they chose during my car setup as they plugged all the variables into a spreadsheet to generate a few possible choices. My car is a street/track Time Trial car that competes about 20 track days/year. My setup shop has a long history of putting their customer cars on the podium and I trust their judgement. Race track setup is not a DIY job if you want the best results IMO.

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you just use lowering springs, you lose some of the benefit of the dampers. OTOH, you've lowered the center of gravity, so it's pretty much a wash. My car has H&R lowering springs that are an upgrade from stock and I like them a lot, but this is the sort of thing about which an HPDE driver can worry himself to death.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If you want to "lower" the car, put a 25.5" tire on it for the track.

·
Registered
344 Posts
What is the best lowring springs for track use for 2014 981 cayman non PASM?
Please let me know what you think.
If the question is that vague, try the Porsche sport suspension until you master that- then you'll know what you need.

·
Registered
710 Posts
X73 is sublime and just works with 20 mm of lowering. So many others can be choppy, bouncy, and just not as refined as the Porsche OEM. If you add GT3 control arms or eccentric bushings and push the car's track out 6-13 mm more it will also lower the car a further 3 to 6 mm getting close to the 30 mm of lowering on the GT4. The balance at the track is perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.