Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course WE know this, and the rest of the blurb from C&D about the Cayman, in general, as one of "The 10 Best Cars Nobody Buys," is fun to read as one of the "nobodies" who chose "one of the very best cars on the planet." Car and Driver

As long as there are still options for enthusiasts, I won't bemoan the state and tastes of the general motoring public.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wifey asked me if I bought red Porsche Cayman to show off. I told her that if the human race evacuated the planet and left the roads completely clear for me, I would drive every day just for the sheer enjoyment of hearing the noise this wonderful car produces. PSE at the push of a button. It does not get any better than that.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I sort of like the fact that, nobody buys them. Since early April, Ive seen one other in this county. Only seen it three times. Sometimes, different is good. Common cars are not interesting to me. :cheers:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I sort of like the fact that, nobody buys them. Since early April, Ive seen one other in this county. Only seen it three times. Sometimes, different is good. Common cars are not interesting to me. :cheers:
exactly how i feel.

i see atleast 10 Mustangs, Chargers and Challengers on a daily basis. since owning my Cayman ive seen 2 in my area. and a few Boxsters. and 2 911's

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I agree, as long as there is still an aftermarket. And as long as automakers continue to make the stuff we enthusiasts favor, especially the three pedaled variants. That is my fear, the extinction of the third pedal...Oh well, I have 4 vehicles with 3 pedals so I'll just have to keep them!

I live in the SF Bay Area & P-cars are dime a dozen and the Cayman is by no means a rare sight (although 911s and Cayennes are way more common) but my Cayman gets more attention than I expected it would.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wonder how this "rare" view will change with the 718 naming, lumping Cayman and Boxster together.
Not saying more cars on the road, but count both models under the same name will appear as an increase in numbers in various lists of cars sold.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I wonder how this "rare" view will change with the 718 naming, lumping Cayman and Boxster together.
Not saying more cars on the road, but count both models under the same name will appear as an increase in numbers in various lists of cars sold.
I think the 718 will die a slow painful death. Enjoy your flat sixes guys !

Cheers

·
Registered
745 Posts
I must admit, I don't hate that about it, but I'm not rooting against Porsche to sell them.

I see less Caymans than any other Porsche model here in Portland. In fact, I've even seen more vintage 356s in my neighborhood. :hilarious: Even when I lived in L.A., where Porsches are all over the place, Caymans were relatively rare to see. Cayennes, Panameras, and 911s are all over the place in L.A.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts