Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here was one of my more interesting (and odder) acquisitions from the Porsche Museum gift shop. This was actually the one Cayman model car they had in stock, an S model in 1:43 bearing the livery and overhead lights of a ground crew vehicle at Hannover Airport. Imagine one of these things driving down a runway or taxiway or rushing to a gate. Undoubtedly speedier than those pickup trucks or (in Germany) Volkswagen Golfs.

The paint job alone was worth getting - either incredibly original or hideous depending on your perspective, maybe both.

Almost makes me want to get a job at Hannover Airport!

·
Registered
568 Posts
That is one unique model! I wonder if the airport personel make up excuses to check the "landing lights" at the far end of the runway 10 times a day?;)

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
That is one unique model! I wonder if the airport personel make up excuses to check the "landing lights" at the far end of the runway 10 times a day?;)
I heard taxi times at this airport are ridiculous - people have complaint that the saw the gateway pass by the window 3-4 times before the plain came to a full stop .... :eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Boy, that is great! I would like to get my hands on one of those. Can you direct me to the store of where to buy one? It is great fun colors and all.

·
Middle-Aged Porsche Punk
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boy, that is great! I would like to get my hands on one of those. Can you direct me to the store of where to buy one? It is great fun colors and all.
This was in the Porsche Museum Gift Shop in Zuffenhausen. Have never seen this one online or in any other store. The model is made by Schuco so perhaps you can check their website or catalog...

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Funny...I don't see that paint scheme on Porsche's car configurator...

"I'll take the Black/Speed Yellow checkerboard, please!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts