Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Thought about putting this in the "what have you done..." thread, but I have done so many things in the past year and a half that I thought I'd just post them all here.

I inherited an '08 Boxster from my a younger relative who was no longer able to make payments. He had purchased it used 6 months earlier. Some of his mods were a result of forgetting the parking brake and letting the car roll into the neighbors fence. The rear bumper was replaced with GT style bumper and he added the GT wing. He also changed the muffler with much too long tail pipes that stick out. There were yellow stuttgart fender badge emblems and a faux diamond bling license plate holder. Aluminum floor mats and aluminum pedals glued on. The original owner put cayman s wheels and changed the side markers to clear.

20130825_154004.jpg 20130901_112255.jpg
20130901_112323.jpg

So, where do I start. Took off the fender emblems and bling license plate holder. Took off the front license plate and had to plug up the holes. Went to Lowes and bought some plugs, painted them with matching meteor gray paint and worked perfectly. Much cheaper than the ones sold from bumper plugs website. Removed the aluminum floor mats and pedal covers. Was worried, but they came off easily with very little damage. Carpets pretty clean so no need to do anything. Kept it like this for awhile till I was ready for some major changes.

Next came some maintenance stuff. Put in new air filter, mass air flow sensor(had error code). Oil Change(done at local Porsche shop).

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Needed to change brake pads so I decided to paint my calipers while I was at it. Ordered new rotors too. For the calipers, saw some how to videos. Decided I didn't want to romove the brake fluid lines on the calipers so painted them still attached. Used VHT red caliper paint, ordered white porsche letters from ebay, then clear coat over them. Really like how they turned out. Hardest part was the prep work...if there is a next time I will probably just remove the calipers.

20140706_180158.jpg 20140710_232649.jpg 20140708_223530.jpg 20140709_092420.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Next came time to sell the GT wing. Luckily the relative kept the old rear spoiler and motor so I had it re-installed . Was thinking about installing it myself till I saw the ziplock baggy filled with bolts, nuts, washers and so on. Didn't want to mess with it. Removing the GT wing, I discovered two holes in the trunk lid where it was drilled into. Bought some more plugs from Lowes and painted them. This time, not so happy with the results. Paint scratched around the holes that the plugs don't cover up. Don't like the bumps there either. Really bugged me for awhile, but I have learned to not pay attention to it. I also ordered PORSCHE letters and put them on the deck lid in place of the Boxster script lettering. I really like how it turned out and it helps to take your eyes away from the ugly plugs.

27.jpg 20140717_095424.jpg 20140713_122431.jpg 20140713_122535.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I finally put new tires and wheels on last week. I changed the 18" cayman s to 19" Forgestar. I wanted to put some Michelin Super Sports but the rears were on backorder since November. Still no expected date so I decided to get Bridgestone Potenza S-04. I like them so far.

IMG_0670.JPG IMG_0668.JPG IMG_0669.JPG
So what do you guys think so far? I still want to make more changes. I want to put a Cayman Spoiler in place of the Boxster cuz I don't like the way it looks when it's up. I also want to paint the side grills to match the body paint. Maybe switch to the Cayman or Spyder, not sure yet. I also want to get some H&R Springs to lower the profile a bit. I also want to replace the muffler, maybe install Fabspeed or Borla exhaust with the new muffler that has a shorter tailpipe.

Any other suggestions or tips?

Thanks for taking the time to read my posts. :)

·
Banned
92 Posts
Car looks great! Phenomenal changes from the state it was in when you originally received it. Exhaust and some lowering springs would be next on my list as well - both of which we can help you with here at Fabspeed!

Post up some top down pics as well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts