Votes: 29 14.3%
  • "Stinger" (single round)

Votes: 6 3.0%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to get the consensus of the Exaust Tips. I found a few threads on this but I want to know how many Cayman owners like the old trapezoidal shape or the newer, shiny round shape.

1. I switched to the round pipes (the newest Caymans have this) and I think they look a LOT better.:banana: The old tips reminded me of heating ducts and ruins the entire appearance! I couldn't wait to repalace the tips! Augh!

2. Of course, some people think the old trapezoidal design is fine, beautiful, modern and enhances the Cayman appearance!:taunt::rolleyes:

Which one agree with? #1. or #2. ?

--Hal

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Round for me as I had the sports tips and now borla on mine.....however my favourite is by far the standard Cayman single pipe which reminds me of Lambos and I did think about grafting the trim onto the Borla somehow.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I'm partial to the round speedART's now. ;)

However the old ones polished to a nice shine aren't bad either!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The polished Trapezoid tips are not too bad!
But I still like the dual round tips.:cool:
The single "stinger" is too tacky and "ricey". Reminds me of the coffee can exhaust on a riced-up Honda...:crazy:

--Hal

·
Premium Member
378 Posts

These are my Fabspeed Catback tips. I really like them, too.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
The "stinger" does have some history behind it however.

From the Porsche 904 race car:

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
love the dual round.Currently i have the goofy looking trapeziodals.Plan to change to the newer style soon....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Round. Definitely.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ok, not exactly what this poll intended but after I saw the 904 I thought I'd post my round tips. I wish my car matched it's license plates!

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
So weird that this came up today. I was down cleaning mine yesterday and thought how good a set of round tips would look. I need to get my OEM one polished.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Never have liked the trapezoidal, never will. Had to have the round ones straight from the factory. YMMV. The speedArts look pretty good too!

·
Registered
674 Posts
How much are the Speedart tips?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have the round chrome Porsche tips on my CS, though the trapezoidal would have looked good too had they been finished. As light said, the unfinished original tips look rather like "heating ducts" to my sense of aesthetics as well.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts