Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, that was my answer... but God knows how it felt!

The past 48 hours have been very strange... as if a miracle has fallen from the sky. For months so many people were involved in locating a shop to install the TPC turbo kit for me in KSA. And the choices were good enough whether in Kuwait, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi or Dubai... but something always pushed me away in the last minute.

Last week, I decided to back-off from the deal and ask for a refund before TPC ships the kit because it was too complicated to travel back and forth with connection flights... etc. But the response from TPC was very touchy! At first, they confirmed with me that my decision was based on the location of the installer being far away. And then they came back to me with an out of this world option, it was my birthday gift that got me back on the deal anyway!

!!! They offered me to fly their mechanic to Saudi Arabia and do the job for me to resolve my problem !!!

After receiving their generous offer things kept on changing into the positive direction at a very fast pace that blew my mind.

As they started getting in touch with their contacts in the region to arrange for the visa, I jumped back in the saddle and contacted every single tuning/workshop Manager I know in the region (Riyadh, Jeddah, Jordan and Bahrain) along with club managers and members.

It was a miracle to have one in Jeddah onboard accepting to do the job for me yesterday! And that got the chain to break lose today, as at 3:30 am I hammered the rest who were all the time refusing because of their limitations.

And thank God, I got one in Riyadh to accept to do the job for me... which is the absolute best choice for me in regard of location, my trust in their team and manager who happens to be an old friend.

He called me saying that they will do it BUT he had to make sure that I understand the following:
1) They issue no warranty on the installation and aren't responsible of the consequences.
2) This will be registered.
3) I'll lose the warranty !!!

And here I paused as I told him "but the car is already out of warranty"! He said "Hassaan, you didn't renew the warranty... true but still you can extend it up to nine years even after it expires... it's called Stand-Alone Warranty where the car is taken from you and all repairs needed will be done, if any. And so many customers do that to increase the selling value of the car as it gets sold under warranty!"

There was a long pause from my side...

He said, Hassaan do you understand what you are doing? You have to sign on these documents before we take the car from you.

"Hmm... the money has been paid and the kit is being shipped", I said to myself.

"The hell with the warranty", I said politely.
He said "what?"
I said "Habibi, I trust the reliability of Porsche cars and the race team of TPC."
He laughed and said: "We are ready... bring your car whenever you want us to install the kit for you. We'll do out best."

And we hung-up...

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Fantastic! I'm excited for you!
Good on TPC going that extra mile...literally!
Let the good times roll. :cheers:

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,652 Posts
Congradulations Hassaan! I'm so glad things fell into place for you! TPC is a great company to work with.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, props to TPC.. i'm definetely a future customer.

Good luck bro! I'm so excited for you.
Other than Casey who was very supportive and patient with me for months trying to help me out with an installer, Tom -who told me over the phone the 1st time we spoke "you'll be having a GT2" and scared the hell out of me- is a very PR person and prompt... I'd like to thank:

1) Kareem for always taking that extra mile from your side and try to help me out through your connections in Bahrain.

2) Abdullah from UAE who kept comforting me every time I panic and assuring me that I'll never regret the decision of TPC turbo. He even drove the car as we speak on the phone in different revs to get me hooked !!

3) Daniel in Dubai as well who on daily basis was supporting me through emails / facebook and deeply touched me when he offered to take one week off from work just to install the kit for me in KSA !!!

For God's sake... this Planet-9 community is so devoted and loyal to each other. We bond with each other over sharing the same passion for our cars and none of us met the other!!!

Ken, you created a powerful community here... and if your sponsors are handpicked like TPC team is then no wonder we are all hooked !!!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Congrats! It's always nice to hear of a happy ending and a happy owner finally getting things to go their way :) As others have said, you better post some pictures and keep us all updated!

:cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
What a fantastic story, Hassaan. Even though you left the warranty in your rear view mirror, I agree that the engine should run just fine for many kilometers and years. TPC showed the type business practice toward a customer that I had felt to have been forever lost. Super job by TPC.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
It is odd that they would "void the entire warranty"... Here in the USA we have cars that have get small issues fixed w/0 issue. Have had Cats replaced, brake parts... hmmm. Regardless, we are excited to have you on board!

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is odd that they would "void the entire warranty"... Here in the USA we have cars that have get small issues fixed w/0 issue. Have had Cats replaced, brake parts... hmmm. Regardless, we are excited to have you on board!
All my life I have owned/driven European and Japanese cars that are far less reliable than a Porsche... and with my absolute abusive driving style, I never had an issue with any other than the regular spare parts maintenance/replacement. Yet I always sold them before 150,000 km. Currently my Cayman has about 45,000 km on it... and I believe in what's meant to be is meant to be, no matter what.

The painful part is the resale value of none CPO Porsche's here in KSA... worthless! You'd be better off selling the car as a pile of steel because no one buys none CPO Porsches, add to that the modifications impact and cost... :(

But hey... look what Tom emailed me!!! FedEx say I'll have them delivered by April 22nd :banana:

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,652 Posts
If you mod & track your car the warranty is pretty worthless. I just voided the warranty on a new engine by drilling a hole in the valve cover! I'd wather take care of the oiling issue than have the warranty. Of course the turbo kit maigh have voided the warranty anyway ! LOL

·
Hurricane Region PCA Historian
933 Posts
Best of luck with this - I'm sure you are going to be one happy Cayman (Turbo) owner!

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.