Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Brent,

That is an extreme change from Honolulu to Chicago. Must have taken some getting use to. I will try and get a good drive in this weekend. I need to get to the 2K, but that would mean that I would have to cirlcle the Island at least a couple of times!

Aloha Russ

Tell me about it! I went from Billabong to Northface in a matter of months!

BTW, just call me Mike. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/wink_smile.gif

·
Registered
831 Posts
OMG!!! that's all I can say /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/teeth_smile.gif

Guys/gals, go out and /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/drivingskid.gif

·
Registered
226 Posts
Delivered February 26th, 2000 miles..so six months, 2k. i guess not even in the running here, and will fade quickly..the more i drive it, the more i want to drive it..

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
I'd say that someone is REALLY missing out on the fun of driving these cars.........The more you drive 'em the more you WANT to ........ :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Think I win presently - delivered 1 May and have 203 miles - been traveling internationally for work since and it pains me that I cannot drive the thing.

Been working in A/P - I have seen some serious Porsche in 'northern' Asia Pacific - mostly 997's, mostly in China and Singapore. Saw one AS Cayman S in Taipei, Taiwan - nice car parked in front of my hotel in the VIP section - in fact it's the only CS I have seen in a month of being over here.One new black 997 C2S was driving at insane speeds in, of all places, Guangzhou, China (S. China) basically making all of the local POS cars look like they were standing still. Guys was on a death wish and I am sure the car is not long for this world.

Cannot wait to get home next weekend to drive my car.

Jeff

'06 CS - GR/BK, PASM, SC, C-S 19's, and a lot more stuff

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
When you don't drive often or far it is a enormous treat when you get in the car for the next drive. I don't know if driving it would be as special if I drove it all the time. This probably doesn't make much sense to most, but seem to work for me.

Russ

·
Former Member
1,685 Posts
Russ - Are there plans for the inter-island ferry to hookup to Maui? If so you and your Croc on the Hanna Hwy will definitely rollup some miles, with some major smiles.

zornet

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Zornet,

Yes I am hoping the ferry will get under way early next year. I will be on it!!

Russ

·
Registered
543 Posts
RussK, you should really get out more often...and while you are at it, take the Cayman with you and put some decent miles on her.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
I just hit 1500 miles this weekend, took delivery April 21. Strictly weekend car and nice weather.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts