13,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
348 Posts
The Macan

Strategic Vision: The Most Loved Vehicles of 2015
A New Study Says This Porsche Is America's Most-Loved Car

"Impressive is Porsche Macan having the highest CLI score in the industry among qualifying models. The Macan's domination in almost every category gives it a score of 629, making it one of only two models to reach the 600-point plateau."

The other 600+ score went to the Vette.
just need to convince my wife to get rid of her Kia suv. And switch to a Macan. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
just need to convince my wife to get rid of her Kia suv. And switch to a Macan. Lol
I hear ya NOLA. My wife is not comfortable with size and poor mpg of our hemi Durango (bought to tow ttrailer which we no longer have). So I said wow sounds like we need a Caman S. :dance: Knowing the P$$$$ range she was skeptical. So when I showed her the price she said are you S$$$ing kidding me.:crazy: Oh well I tried. But yes indeed a nice SUV for sure.

:cheers:

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Thanks, Chows! I read the piece, particularly focusing on the discussion about Subaru (perhaps the best-selling car here in PuddleTown Oregon). So, Love is what makes a Subaru an Subaru??? Stranger than fiction . . .

I confess to having previously believed that "Love--it's what makes Subaru a Subaru" was the single most jive-assed piece of marketing bull sh*t of all time. In light of this new information, I must retract that belief. To quote the lyrics of the old Billy Strayhorn tune Lush Life, "I was wrong . . . again, I was wrong.":wall:

·
Super Moderator
13,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you are saying people don't love their Tesla anymore or once you win you can't win again?
I read nothing to indicate that Tesla was not in the running in 2015.

This is not a study on attributes like reliability, dependability, performance, economy, etc. Rather, it is a fanboy contest. If you read the actual report and not what blogs say about the report, several things are evident.

First, remember that for maybe 90% of the consumers who own cars, a car is a toaster. If you were to ask me if I love my toaster, I might think your nuts as toasters, for me, generate no passion.

Second, look at the maybe 10% of remaining consumers. The report indicates that millennials love their cars the most. That should not be surprising. Ask any auto enthusiast about the first car they bought with their own money, new or not, and I am sure they remember it. First loves are hard to forget. So duh, sure millennial love their cars the most.

Third, fanboyism is rampant. While it might appear there are lots of box/cay fans here, in reality the fanboyism is mild. For some marques, a car can be the most wretches piece garbage and the fanboys just love the car despite the problems. They don't look at the cars as being practical. Minis are quite likely high on that list, much beloved, but hated for reliability and perennially ranked at the bottom of studies. Yet their fans just love that car. No one car argue about Corvettes. Since Tod and Buzz hit the open road on Rt 66, no American car is such a halo car and beloved by its fans than the Vette. Subarus? Do not go on a Subaru forum and say a single bit of criticism about a Subaru. Their fans are rabid.

Where does the Macan fit? I doubt Millennials are buying them since the target market is DINKS with no kids or retired empty nesters. My guess is simple. They are auto enthusiasts from all brands that always wanted to buy a Porsche, but never could because they were not affordable not practical. The Macan can be as cheap as a base 981, yet faster on the street, practical, good for the winter, good for carrying people. What's not to like? Finally a Porsche that is practical for those who think Cayennes are too big and expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts