Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After our last post, we left the Homestead in VA and headed out through the Allegheny Mts. and into the Poconos in PA. Some lovely spots on quiet roads along the way. Lots to enjoy in the twisty bits.

DSC03129.JPG

After 1000+ miles the car was in need of a good wash so we stopped at a place in PA. The worst part was all the brake dust on the wheels. A sure sign of a fun drive :dance:

IMG_20150825_124345125.JPG

Next stop was at Pocono Lake Preserve to spend time with my sister-in-law. It's a quiet preserve in the woods with a lovely lake.

DSC03141.JPG

After a few quiet days there we headed north through the Chenango Valley of NY to stop in Hamilton at my alma mater (Colgate U) and then on to Rome to spend the night with a college friend.

Left Rome and headed up through the Adirondack Park to end in Lake Placid. Many of the back roads were under construction so the driving was less interesting but still pretty. We've only spent a couple of hours on the interstates since we left North Carolina and that's been a great pleasure. At Lake Placid we are staying on the appropriately named Mirror Lake.

Took a drive today to see the High Falls Gorge outisde of town. It's part of the Ausable River and is a beautiful and easy hike.

View attachment 63147

Next stop was the top of Whiteface Mountain, the tallest peak in the Adirondacks. It's a well paved road with lots of scenic overlooks.

DSC03314.JPG

The payoff is a killer view even on a bad day. That's Lake Placid in the distance.

DSC03279.JPG

The other payoff is the drive down....

DSC03316.JPG

Off to VT tomorrow for a few days and then on to NH and ME. It's been nothing but good so far. Car runs like a top and is a pleasure on the back roads. Glad I got new tires.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seems like a great trip PKC. We just returned from5 days in VT that I started writing about yesterday. Love road trips and these cars make it that much better. Keep the posts coming.

TJ

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Be aware, Vermont has a lot of unpaved roads that gave me a coronary when I was there just a couple weeks ago. Who knew? Stay safe.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I love this kind of road trip! Enjoy it before you go back to the grind.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It can't get much better than that. Great pictures, oh, and the color ain't bad either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts