Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3232 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Boxster S

After 2 Cayman S's (2006 & 2009) I picked up a new Boxster S I didn't order it but the manager at the dealership did a great job on the build. I wound up getting 9% off.

Agate, 6 speed, sport design steering wheel, PTV, PASM, premium package, seat ventilation, Bose infotainment, 20" carrera classic wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: New Boxster S

After 2 Cayman S's (2006 & 2009) I picked up a new Boxster S I didn't order it but the manager at the dealership did a great job on the build. I wound up getting 9% off.

Agate, 6 speed, sport design steering wheel, PTV, PASM, premium package, seat ventilation, Bose infotainment, 20" carrera classic wheels.
Please let us know which dealer.
I thought the margin was 9.98%, so they made less than $1K, unless there's a x% holdback that's separate.

·
Registered
898 Posts
If you have a trade or prior business you cannot judge the % off. They can pull money anywhere they want.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Beautiful car, love the color combination! The black interior with the manual is really sweet....

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

Looks amazing. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

I love the wheels too, and they've been popping up a lot lately.

Wheels were the option I struggled most with when I was designing my car. I kept going back and forth between these Classics and the Carrera S wheels in the platinum satinmat. The current Porsche wheel selection is pretty great imo.

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Due to popular demand (and the hope that some of the "just took delivery" posts can be consolidated), this thread is dedicated to posts of new 981 deliveries (off the lot or ordered) and subsequent discussion. However, please keep comments general as this thread is not meant to be a catch-all for everything about the 981. If you have questions about your 981 or if you feel your post will generate an extended discussion, please start a separate thread instead of posting in this one.

Also, posting photos of your new car are welcome here. Have at it!

·
Registered
672 Posts

Beautiful car, love the color combination! The black interior with the manual is really sweet....
Is that a black interior? Sometimes it is hard to tell due to color rendition of the camera and lighting. Also, it appears the inside of the A pillar is beige. I have not seen that before.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

Is that a black interior? Sometimes it is hard to tell due to color rendition of the camera and lighting. Also, it appears the inside of the A pillar is beige. I have not seen that before.
I'm pretty sure its black, it's just the angle the light is hitting it.

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
Finally got a chance to take the new car out of the garage and take some pictures. It was 47 degrees, bright and sunny. A great day for the top to be down I learned. Convertibles are new to me (first one I owned) so the top “up or down” is a learning experience. I have moved from a 2008 Cayman S and that car was mildly modified – Borla exhaust, 4 inch tips, Softronics software, etc. A great fun car that I occasionally tracked. Although it was a great runner, it was time to go into a different direction. My wife continued to balk getting into it on the weekends since it was too loud and hard riding (wasn't that the point!). I saw the new 981 Boxster back in April 2012 at the New York International Auto Show and really fell in love with the direction Porsche was taking the brand (IMHO).

This time I was determined to to keep it stock and enjoy it as a street and travel sports car. The car came pretty well equipped (I purchased it off the lot) and I was intent to keep it that way...
19 inch Boxster S wheels
Infotainment Package – navigation, Sirus XM radio, HD radio, sound package plus
Convenience Package – wind deflector, 2 zone climate control, heated seats
PDK transmission – the biggest change from my previous ride – a 6 speed manual.
Sport Steering Wheel - (paddle shifters)
Color Center Wheel Crest

But from the first time I saw it on the lot – even before it left the dealership, I felt myself sliding down that familiar “slippery slope”. Had the wheels painted a glossy black – this was done by a third party that the dealer uses– this save me time in having to do it myself – they did a great job – took the wheels on and off, painted them in and out, re-balanced, detailed the center caps, etc. Cost - $600.
After getting home, I was missing an aftermarket exhaust in both looks and sound– so I installed the 3.5 Fabspeed Black Chrome Tips. Nice sound enhancement to the stock system – great when hitting the accelerator and quiet enough when cruising. Cost - $495.
Clear side front directional lights (can't stand those egg/colored plastic pieces). Cost - $50.
A Lloyd mat for the rear trunk to protect the carpets,. Cost - $100.
Re-installed my rubber winter mats from the Cayman – no cost.

I still felt the car was missing something...that's when I came up with the stripe idea. I have been dealing with a pronounced graphics company for a while and I went with the same treatment that was originally used on the Cayman R. I had it made in glossy black to match the wheels and the black chromed tips. Cost - $155. I have installed many of these packages on the Cayman – but due to the cold weather and not having any patience to wait until the weather warmed up – I had it installed by a Porsche shop that was well heated and lit, etc. Cost - $100.
So after a two month ownership – it has already cost me around $1,500...so much for keeping it stock...

Only have 600 miles on the car so far – so I have not been able to take advantage of any of the new enhancements (to me) – PDK, Sport Suspension, etc.

Hopefully in the next few weeks as the weather get better, I will be able to give you my impressions on the new ride...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Looks awesome!

So you actually hear a difference in the exhaust note just from the tips? Hmm..I might consider them.

·
Porsche Prophet
942 Posts
Yes - albeit a small increase, but there is one...I have not been able to hear it with the top down...we are in the middle of winter (20-25 degrees) I am sure the difference will be more prevalent...in addition, they are a quality product look GREAT and the guys at Fabspeed are great to deal with...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Yes - albeit a small increase, but there is one...I have not been able to hear it with the top down...we are in the middle of winter (20-25 degrees) I am sure the difference will be more prevalent...in addition, they are a quality product look GREAT and the guys at Fabspeed are great to deal with...
They do look great. I love the black chrome. Looks infinitely better than the silver buck tooth stock tip.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
221 Posts

Just Awesome! I love the whole config. Especially the wheels. If I were to go 981 they would be a must have. What was to price out the door if you don't mind my asking.
Beautiful Boxster!

1 - 20 of 3232 Posts