Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 3202 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Back in the Porsche fold!
After my job was cut I had to sell my baby( 2010 Boxster) and get something practical (2010 Mini cooper s vert). Regained my original status and now I'm back, acquired a new to me 2013 Boxster kind of same color combo!
1H Platinum silver metalic (wish it were Arctic)
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
446 Wheel center caps with colored Porsche crest
5456 Supplemental safety roll bar painted in exterior color
603 Bi-Xenon
8v Roadster top in red
981320 Boxster
998 Leather interior in natural leather
NG Leather interior in natural leather Carrera Red
P91 Infotainment Package with Bose
P93 Convenience Package
I can not tell you how I have missed driving this car!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Back in the Porsche fold!
After my job was cut I had to sell my baby( 2010 Boxster) and get something practical (2010 Mini cooper s vert). Regained my original status and now I'm back, acquired a new to me 2013 Boxster kind of same color combo!
1H Platinum silver metalic (wish it were Arctic)
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
446 Wheel center caps with colored Porsche crest
5456 Supplemental safety roll bar painted in exterior color
603 Bi-Xenon
8v Roadster top in red
981320 Boxster
998 Leather interior in natural leather
NG Leather interior in natural leather Carrera Red
P91 Infotainment Package with Bose
P93 Convenience Package
I can not tell you how I have missed driving this car!!!
Congrats and welcome back!

So, 987 to a 981, what do you think?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks Westcoaster,
I think there are so many things about each version that I love, the 981 definitely is a larger more substantial machine, the PDK is something I never thought I would like because I have always driven manuals. The car seems to have come into its sports car cred although I reaaaaly loved my 10 and its ability to be tossed around! I do feel that the 981 seems a bit more planted and solid and as I said the PDK was a pleasant surprise ..specially with the sport button! it has some serious chops ...the base is really enough for me I think had I gone for an S , my opinions would be really off because it really is apples to apples with the two versions I owned ...an S would be upsetting the cart I'm sure! I noticed your signature u have a long history with all years ...What was your initial feeling going from the 06 to the S? To me it really is a dream car no matter what year ..Love them all!! I feel blessed to be able to drive such an incredible piece of machinery that not only is brilliant on the road but also blood pressure inducing at just the sight!!! I am a Porsche guy for life!

·
Registered
197 Posts
So when I took delivery of my car at the dealership they were prepping for the 70th Anniversary shindig and this is the bevy of cars they had on loan for a 300 person invite for the event. Enjoy!! Needless to say ...I was in a state of Nirvana!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Thanks Westcoaster,
I think there are so many things about each version that I love, the 981 definitely is a larger more substantial machine, the PDK is something I never thought I would like because I have always driven manuals. The car seems to have come into its sports car cred although I reaaaaly loved my 10 and its ability to be tossed around! I do feel that the 981 seems a bit more planted and solid and as I said the PDK was a pleasant surprise ..specially with the sport button! it has some serious chops ...the base is really enough for me I think had I gone for an S , my opinions would be really off because it really is apples to apples with the two versions I owned ...an S would be upsetting the cart I'm sure! I noticed your signature u have a long history with all years ...What was your initial feeling going from the 06 to the S? To me it really is a dream car no matter what year ..Love them all!! I feel blessed to be able to drive such an incredible piece of machinery that not only is brilliant on the road but also blood pressure inducing at just the sight!!! I am a Porsche guy for life!

Each model of the Boxster have their unique character, the 986, a bit more raw, less powerful in a way that fit the era and how you drove the car, the 987 refined in a way that moved the feel a little further from the road but still made you feel like it was capable and balanced, the 981 moved the bar that much higher again but with a little more road isolation (unless you have the X73 or PASM set to Sport), and now with increased power to a point where you begin to think, "How much more do I need?"

I noticed the move from the 06 base to the 13 S the most, a very noticeable jump in power, but also a more capable chassis, as good as the 06 base is, the 13 S with PASM and 20" wheels changed the game completely. TBH the only reason I bought the 16 GTS was to pick up some options I had wished I had ordered on the 13 and to possibly the last model year of NA flat-6 in the mid-engine car. I am now more than ever at a point where there is hardly a time where I find myself wishing for more, the power, handling and certainly the sound is spot on, sure there is always an option or two that one may wish to have but overall the car is 'near' perfect!

My reference to perfection had to be added because of the rumoured return to the 718 (981.2) of a NA flat-6, possibly a 4.0l with over 400HP, is it needed?, not really but for those of us always looking for just a little more, this will move that bar a little higher yet! ;)

Reactions: flatsixfan

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I didn't really JUST take delivery of my 981, but I AM finally getting around to joining Planet 9 and posting.
Car is 2016 Boxster GTS, 6 speed, X73. I bought it a year ago (July 2017) with 75 miles on it. Now about 3,000.
This is my second Boxster, the first was a 2006 base.

I am an ex-SCCA racer (ITB VW Golf and Formula Continental) and plan to track the car regularly. The picture is from Watkins Glen.

Thank you to all the regular posters for all wisdom that lives in these forums.

Attachments

Reactions: wright

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently made the move back to NC after about a decade in DC and Boston where having a Porsche was impractical for a variety of reasons. Finally realized my dream and joined the family this week. Blue 2014 Cayman S (picture hopefully showing). Manual transmission, basically zero options which is just fine with me. A 3.4L engine and stick shift are just about all I need for my first one. Can’t get the smile off my face!

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
So when I took delivery of my car at the dealership they were prepping for the 70th Anniversary shindig and this is the bevy of cars they had on loan for a 300 person invite for the event. Enjoy!! Needless to say ...I was in a state of Nirvana!!!!
Great pics! Was that in Warwick?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes it was, I would have taken more pictures but I was late to pick someone up at the train station...the whole day was overloaded! It was surreal to be taking delivery and to see so many of the cars that I've read about and had never seen.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just took delivery of my "new to me" 2014 981CS on Saturday. This is my first Porsche and I'm so excited to join the family. I've been waiting for this day for a long time.

IMG_0790_2.jpg

Build sheet:
220 - Porsche Torque Vectoring
250 - Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
423 - 20-inch Carrera S wheels
425 - Rear Wiper
475 - Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
498 - Deletion of Model Designation
583 - Smoking Package
603 - Bi-Xenon
636 - ParkAssist (front and rear)
640 - Sport Chrono Package (i.c.w. PCM)
840 - SportDesign Steering Wheel
981130 - Cayman SAG - Standard Sport Seats in Black
N0 - Agate Grey Metallic
P06 - Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P9B - Premium Package i.c.w. Power Sport Seats
P9G - Infotainment Package with Bose
X70 - Door Entry Guards in Stainless Steel
XSC - Porsche Crest on Headrests
XUB - Headlight cleaning system covers painted

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just took delivery of my "new to me" 2014 981CS on Saturday. This is my first Porsche and I'm so excited to join the family. I've been waiting for this day for a long time.

View attachment 201101

Build sheet:
425 - Rear Wiper
583 - Smoking Package
603 - Bi-Xenon
N0 - Agate Grey Metallic
Lovely!! Congratulations and enjoy!

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts

View attachment 201101

Build sheet:
425 - Rear Wiper
583 - Smoking Package
603 - Bi-Xenon
N0 - Agate Grey Metallic
That is a well optioned car! Congrats and welcome to the club!

Reactions: johanmalay

·
Registered
310 Posts
2016 Cayman S 11,000 miles build as follows.

[h=2]Additional Equipment[/h]250
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Wheels Painted in Black Satin
20" Carrera S Wheels
Deletion of Model Designation
Smoking package
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
ParkAssist (rear)
Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM
Power Steering Plus
SportDesign steering wheel

980​
Leather Package​
AS​
Leather Package in Black​
CNL​
Side mirror painted (lower trim)​
EET​
Interior Package Painted i.c.w. Standard Interior​
N4​
Dark Blue Metallic​
P06​
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package​
P9D​
Premium Package Plus (Sport Seats, 14-way)​
P9G​
Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System​
XXR​
Tinted Taillights with Clear Center Element​
XYG​
Center console trim painted​

Reactions: johanmalay

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
2016 Cayman S 11,000 miles build as follows.

[h=2]Additional Equipment[/h]250
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Wheels Painted in Black Satin
20" Carrera S Wheels
Deletion of Model Designation
Smoking package
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
ParkAssist (rear)
Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM
Power Steering Plus
SportDesign steering wheel

980​
Leather Package​
AS​
Leather Package in Black​
CNL​
Side mirror painted (lower trim)​
EET​
Interior Package Painted i.c.w. Standard Interior​
N4​
Dark Blue Metallic​
P06​
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package​
P9D​
Premium Package Plus (Sport Seats, 14-way)​
P9G​
Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System​
XXR​
Tinted Taillights with Clear Center Element​
XYG​
Center console trim painted​
It could be nice but with out a picture it is just a list of options! :hilarious:

Given the Interior Package, we will of course need both inside and outside shots...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: New Boxster S

Just placed a deposit on a new GTS, the dealer wanted it off the lot from 2018 and I got it $13k below the sticker. Given that I've lost now 3 GTS on the lot at various dealers I am beyond excited for my wife's birthday gift to ME.

These are the dealer shots for now, only thing I would've wanted is the premium seating (this is the base seating), and possibly LED PDLS. But at the steal I'm getting it at I won't complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,449 Posts

Just placed a deposit on a new GTS, the dealer wanted it off the lot from 2018 and I got it $13k below the sticker. Given that I've lost now 3 GTS on the lot at various dealers I am beyond excited for my wife's birthday gift to ME.

These are the dealer shots for now, only thing I would've wanted is the premium seating (this is the base seating), and possibly LED PDLS. But at the steal I'm getting it at I won't complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great looking car and an incredible deal, congrats!

Reactions: shivaswrath

·
Registered
197 Posts

Really nice Congratz! I'd be smiling just from the deal ...forget about driving it home ...you are not going to come down off that high for a long time!

·
Registered
41 Posts

So after wanting a Cayman for about 4 years and actively looking for one for like 18 months... finally picked her up over the weekend! Was set on a base but in the end an S came up and spec was nearly perfect!

Spec wise: Cayman S, PDK, Bi-xenon with PDLS (i believe its PDLS anyway) and PSE (this was a must or I had factored in price to fit it after buying) and a few other bits like heated seats.

I'm soooo happy and want to drive it all the time! haha the noise is just insane! LOVE it

IMG_0707.jpg
IMG_0743.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts

So after wanting a Cayman for about 4 years and actively looking for one for like 18 months... finally picked her up over the weekend! Was set on a base but in the end an S came up and spec was nearly perfect!

Spec wise: Cayman S, PDK, Bi-xenon with PDLS (i believe its PDLS anyway) and PSE (this was a must or I had factored in price to fit it after buying) and a few other bits like heated seats.

I'm soooo happy and want to drive it all the time! haha the noise is just insane! LOVE it

View attachment 208137
View attachment 208139
Wow, 18 months? I gave up after 9 and just bought a new 718 instead. You won't be disappointed, enjoy!

3141 - 3160 of 3202 Posts