Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 3198 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Re: New Boxster S

So after wanting a Cayman for about 4 years and actively looking for one for like 18 months... finally picked her up over the weekend! Was set on a base but in the end an S came up and spec was nearly perfect!

Spec wise: Cayman S, PDK, Bi-xenon with PDLS (i believe its PDLS anyway) and PSE (this was a must or I had factored in price to fit it after buying) and a few other bits like heated seats.

I'm soooo happy and want to drive it all the time! haha the noise is just insane! LOVE it

View attachment 208137
View attachment 208139
Congrats! I see you chose the fastest color. Also, you were wise to go with PSE, the sound does not disappoint. Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
13 Posts

Congrats to the above owner of a beautiful cayman. I searched for nearly 8 months after I drove a Cayman GTS at the Las Vegas Exotics Racing Track (rental). I was looking for a Boxter S, and found a few deals along the way, but if the deal was really good the car would sell really fast. I also was already doing financing and applying for loans for multiple cars and it all fell through. However, Finally I got it although was 1700 miles away, but with nearly the exact spec I wanted and a great deal. It is literally spotless, with not one single scratch on the car, and interior has no wear or tear.

2013 Boxter S, PDK, Sport Chrono, Carrera S Wheels, Black Interior, Sport Design Steering wheel.

Missing options that I would like but were not deal breakers: PSE and Vented seats.

Planned Mods: GT4 Bumper conversion, powder coat the wheels black, GTS Style tail lights, Exhaust system (not sure which one, that will be incredible hard choice) and Satin White wrap of the car.
First Drive.jpg Clean first day in rain.jpg Day of pick up.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts

Congrats to the above owner of a beautiful cayman. I searched for nearly 8 months after I drove a Cayman GTS at the Las Vegas Exotics Racing Track (rental). I was looking for a Boxter S, and found a few deals along the way, but if the deal was really good the car would sell really fast. I also was already doing financing and applying for loans for multiple cars and it all fell through. However, Finally I got it although was 1700 miles away, but with nearly the exact spec I wanted and a great deal. It is literally spotless, with not one single scratch on the car, and interior has no wear or tear.

2013 Boxter S, PDK, Sport Chrono, Carrera S Wheels, Black Interior, Sport Design Steering wheel.

Missing options that I would like but were not deal breakers: PSE and Vented seats.

Planned Mods: GT4 Bumper conversion, powder coat the wheels black, GTS Style tail lights, Exhaust system (not sure which one, that will be incredible hard choice) and Satin White wrap of the car.
View attachment 208209 View attachment 208211 View attachment 208213
Lovely! Great colour ;)

I've driven a 2.7 without PSE and then mine S 3.4 with PSE and well the PSE is AWESOME haha, so i'd recommend that! I'm thinking of doing the GTS lights, then a light tint on the windows. I'd like to the GTS bumper conversion but don't think I will. I'm also thinking in a year or so I'll go for Carrera S black wheels, then blackout the rear badge.

Make sure to post some photos when you do the mods :)

·
Registered
13 Posts

Lovely! Great colour ;)

I've driven a 2.7 without PSE and then mine S 3.4 with PSE and well the PSE is AWESOME haha, so i'd recommend that! I'm thinking of doing the GTS lights, then a light tint on the windows. I'd like to the GTS bumper conversion but don't think I will. I'm also thinking in a year or so I'll go for Carrera S black wheels, then blackout the rear badge.

Haha yes, tints will be done within 24 hours of delivery tomorrow. Then first track day on Monday already so need the tints done Friday morning or I have to wait after the track day (cant have windows up).

I am not going with the OEM PSE but which aftermarket I will choose...I have no idea. so many options, hopefully at the track I will get to hear many cayman and boxster S with various exhausts and then decide.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Lovely! Great colour ;)

Hope you're patient on the GTS lights. I tried to order them from Suncoast earlier this week, had to cancel my order. Apparently too many people have swapped them onto their non-GTS cars and Porsche has sold out of them worldwide in both the USDM and International variants. Any orders for them now go direct to Porsche as special orders with a 6 month lead time.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts

Hope you're patient on the GTS lights. I tried to order them from Suncoast earlier this week, had to cancel my order. Apparently too many people have swapped them onto their non-GTS cars and Porsche has sold out of them worldwide in both the USDM and International variants. Any orders for them now go direct to Porsche as special orders with a 6 month lead time.
Interesting that they are so popular! There is always the option of the smoked (deep tint) Spyder/GT4 lights... :)

·
Registered
41 Posts

Just placed an order with someone who said he can get them no issue so fingers crossed that'll be fine :)

·
Registered
45 Posts

Just took delivery of this 981 time capsule...

2013 S with everything we'd want (minus sport chrono, PSE and sport steering wheel).

The wife wanted a Merc SL roadster and I convinced her to go Porsche instead. For her, it simply had to be a convertible...white over red.

Found this gem with only 4,000 miles...aftermarket Brombacher exhaust, aftermarket wheels, clear side markers. I added a Brombacher tune and BMC filters.

Quite an amazing car. I'm very impressed. As we all know, not your poor man's Porsche any longer.

Although I'd like more power, I absolutely prefer the flat 6 over the turbo 4. I also saved a boat load of cash by going 981.

Damn new car, for over $30k less than sold new. I'd say we did pretty well.

Boxster Options.jpg

IMG_20190707_122611 (2).jpg

a502eb97dc7fc76fa0b91600ff7b0966.jpg

85f64cb268048552d842161cf891158e.jpg

6d1869408e0a5a14dd61612b3b3b6a4d.jpg

·
Registered
346 Posts

Nice car. I’ve seen quite a few red leather p-cars at significant discounts. I’m guessing they don’t fly off the shelf in the used market, but if you can live with it, save the $$$.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Thanks...

IME, there is a very loyal market for white over red. Some other red interior color schemes are definitely more challenging. ;) IME, white over red does actually "fly off the shelf". Other exterior colors with red interior, perhaps not so much.

After looking for a long time at SL roadsters and Boxsters, white/red actually often carries a bit of a premium. When I say premium, pristine examples are not typically discounted further by dealers (than any already reasonably competitive market price). Dealers know they will typically sell pretty quickly.

Searching yesterday for used PDK Boxster's at Auto trader and cars . com, there were only a couple of sub 10k mile 981's in the entire country. They were priced the same or just tad higher (due to options) than ours. Ours was right in line with the market. It was not discounted below market due to the red interior. A spider man themed blue over red might be a different story. ;)

The dealer I bought from just got acquired it from auction and wouldn't budge an inch on price. I kept pushing and they told me "maybe in week or two if it doesn't sell". Knowing we wouldn't easily find another one like this, we paid their asking price and moved on. The fact that the car also has Brombacher exhaust and nice aftermarket wheels was a huge plus for me. I usually upgrade those and that saved me a good $6 - 7k.

It's a "loud" interior but very nice in person (not as bright as the pics above) and has grown on me. :) I've already added black mats and a couple other black interior accessories to break up the red a tad.

:)

It is happy in the garage with my 700hp unicorn 996tt.

View attachment 208979
39603156_10217242116386637_2153386608101949440_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts

Thanks...

IME, there is a very loyal market for white over red. Some other red interior color schemes are definitely more challenging. ;) IME, white over red does actually "fly off the shelf". Other exterior colors with red interior, perhaps not so much.

After looking for a long time at SL roadsters and Boxsters, white/red actually often carries a bit of a premium. When I say premium, pristine examples are not typically discounted further by dealers (than any already reasonably competitive market price). Dealers know they will typically sell pretty quickly.

Searching yesterday for used PDK Boxster's at Auto trader and cars . com, there were only a couple of sub 10k mile 981's in the entire country. They were priced the same or just tad higher (due to options) than ours. Ours was right in line with the market. It was not discounted below market due to the red interior. A spider man themed blue over red might be a different story. ;)

The dealer I bought from just got acquired it from auction and wouldn't budge an inch on price. I kept pushing and they told me "maybe in week or two if it doesn't sell". Knowing we wouldn't easily find another one like this, we paid their asking price and moved on. The fact that the car also has Brombacher exhaust and nice aftermarket wheels was a huge plus for me. I usually upgrade those and that saved me a good $6 - 7k.

It's a "loud" interior but very nice in person (not as bright as the pics above) and has grown on me. :) I've already added black mats and a couple other black interior accessories to break up the red a tad.

It is happy in the garage with my 700hp unicorn 996tt.

View attachment 208979
View attachment 208977
Looks like they both match the washer and dryer as well. :hilarious:

·
Registered
45 Posts

That's how we roll (or spin and tumble) these days...;) LOL.

My youngest daughter's civic is also white.
My eldest daughter's Audi A3 is also white.
My 2018 4 Runner is also white.
My LG washer and dryer is white.
I am white.

There is definitely a pattern here, however I can declare that my wife is brown. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
After over a year of searching and saving I finally took delivery of a 2014 CS from McLaren Philadelphia last week. I’m glad I saved a little longer and opted for the 981 instead of the 987.

It drives great and I love the sport seats plus.
12,500 miles on it. Options include PDK, sport chrono, sport seats +, two tone leather, 20” techno rims, convenience pkg, Bose system.
Very happy with it and this warm weather in Tennessee now! ?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
After over a year of searching and saving I finally took delivery of a 2014 CS from McLaren Philadelphia last week. I’m glad I saved a little longer and opted for the 981 instead of the 987.

12,500 miles on it. Options include PDK, sport chrono, sport seats +, two tone leather, 20” techno rims, convenience pkg, Bose system.
Looking good, congrats and welcome to the forum and marque!

Warm weather huh, enjoy it well you can! OR is that smilie the give away, the car looks pretty clean in the home garage?

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks sweet, same exterior/interior combo as mine except you have the black dashboard. Mine is not and I wish I had known that was an option when I ordered mine....the resulting sun glare is OK with sunglasses on but in certain conditions it reflects badly. Not as much of an issue as it would be in a Boxster though. Enjoy it, you are going to fall in love with that car!

3161 - 3180 of 3198 Posts