Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

3181 - 3200 of 3202 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice! First Porsche?

Any plans/modifications/additions for the car?
Yes, 1st Porsche. Thinking about mods, it is stock as far as I can tell.

Tint the windows will probably be first
It has a partial clear bra
Baffled oil pan
3rd radiator
IPD plenum, but I'm not all that interested in making it louder, but would be interested in better breathing. Not sure if opening up the input without opening up the output would be beneficial.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, 1st Porsche. Thinking about mods, it is stock as far as I can tell.

Tint the windows will probably be first
It has a partial clear bra
Baffled oil pan
3rd radiator
IPD plenum, but I'm not all that interested in making it louder, but would be interested in better breathing. Not sure if opening up the input without opening up the output would be beneficial.
Doesn't matter without a tune. The ECU closes the throttle to artificially limit power. Porsche meant it when they said the Cayman wouldn't outperform the 911. A tune from Cobb or Softronic removes this silly restriction and allows this motor to make as much power or more than a 911 (with mods).

·
Vendor
6,504 Posts
Sweet looking car and welcome to the forum!

After over a year of searching and saving I finally took delivery of a 2014 CS from McLaren Philadelphia last week. I’m glad I saved a little longer and opted for the 981 instead of the 987.

It drives great and I love the sport seats plus.
12,500 miles on it. Options include PDK, sport chrono, sport seats +, two tone leather, 20” techno rims, convenience pkg, Bose system.
Very happy with it and this warm weather in Tennessee now! ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sold my Cayman. Had it since new. Waited 2 weeks, picked up a new to me Boxster S.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Not sure where you live, but many states are moving away from checking the exhaust or even sticking a plug into your ECU. So, now is the time to do a couple of things to open up your motor. Soul or Cargraphics long tube catless headers along with either a Cobb or Softronic tune. Scott at Softronics makes each tune's maps specifically for you and your application (all the added mods, your fuel supply of 92 octane or higher), your altitude, etc. 6 different maps into one gigantic file. The advantage of Cobb is connecting the PDK to your tune. The other mod that really helps your car with PASM is the TPC DSC V3. This single mod will make your car either smooth as silk or a race car on turnin and mid corner throttle response. Please google TPC DSC v3 for 981 to see the benefits of this system to enhance your driving pleasure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Picked up MY first Porsche this week - a 2013 Boxster base, very well optioned, with 11,500 original miles in showroom condition. Specs and a few pics below. Looking forward to enjoying it on weekends and nice days.
(My Dad had a few growing up, including a 1963 356C, 1984 911 SC Targa, and a early model Boxster S)

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Picked up MY first Porsche this week - a 2013 Boxster base, very well optioned, with 11,500 original miles in showroom condition. Specs and a few pics below. Looking forward to enjoying it on weekends and nice days.
(My Dad had a few growing up, including a 1963 356C, 1984 911 SC Targa, and a early model Boxster S)

View attachment 267177
View attachment 267178
View attachment 267179
View attachment 267180
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first Porsche, quite the start!

Beautiful car, great spec too, especially like the Agate/Pebble Grey leather! I had Agate Leather in my 2013, a real nice change from all black interiors that are so common.

I hope that wherever you are the weather will be good enough to put some miles on her this weekend, although great to find such a pristine example these cars were meant to be enjoyed out on the open road!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My first Porsche. Agate Grey 2014 981S. Got it last month with 20K miles. Traded in my track toy Civic Type R.
So far added a color-matched ducktail wing & Bilstein PSS10 (initially lowered 20mm) & ceramic coating.
Now waiting on a track wheel set ordered yesterday.
Lovin’ that flat six scream! Excited to see what that midengine does at the track!

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
My first Porsche. Agate Grey 2014 981S. Got it last month with 20K miles. Traded in my track toy Civic Type R.
So far added a color-matched ducktail wing & Bilstein PSS10 (initially lowered 20mm) & ceramic coating.
Lovin’ that flat six scream! Excited to see what that midengine does at the track!
Lovely! Just like mine! You should look into getting the GTS rear lights, favourite mod i've done on my car to date! think it makes a massive difference

·
Registered
55 Posts

View attachment 268233
View attachment 268234
View attachment 268235
Can I ask where you got the ducktail, presume it will also fit a BoxsterS

·
Registered
2015 Cayman GTS
5 Posts
Just bought my first Porsche, and did it online. Now just waiting for it to get put in a container and shipped down to me in NZ. 2015 Cayman GTS with a pretty nice options list, and in immaculate condition with just 28,000 kms.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Just bought my first Porsche, and did it online. Now just waiting for it to get put in a container and shipped down to me in NZ. 2015 Cayman GTS with a pretty nice options list, and in immaculate condition with just 28,000 kms. View attachment 269390
Welcome! She looks awesome,!

Is it coming from Australia?

3181 - 3200 of 3202 Posts