Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

3201 - 3220 of 3240 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just bought my first Porsche, and did it online. Now just waiting for it to get put in a container and shipped down to me in NZ. 2015 Cayman GTS with a pretty nice options list, and in immaculate condition with just 28,000 kms. View attachment 269390
There is good news and bad news here. First, the bad news...you have to drive this in New Zealand, where the speed limit is 80kph (mostly). The good news is...you have to drive this in New Zealand, one of the most beautiful places on earth.

We made it to New Zealand last December while the 'rona was stuck in China. We had a great time, would love to spend more time down there.

Enjoy

·
Registered
2014 981 Cayman S
5 Posts
Here is my 2014 981 CS (first Porsche) from a couple of months ago, just 30 seconds off the delivery truck.

Sport Chrono, 18-way seats, PDLS, nav-Bose, PSP, Premium package and a few more bits and pieces.

I have since (not in the picture) added clear-bra on the front and on the rocker panels and got ceramic coating over the whole car. What a sports car this is.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here is my 2014 981 CS (first Porsche) from a couple of months ago, just 30 seconds off the delivery truck. View attachment 269701
Sport Chrono, 18-way seats, PDLS, nav-Bose, PSP, Premium package and a few more bits and pieces.

I have since (not in the picture) added clear-bra on the front and on the rocker panels and got ceramic coating over the whole car. What a sports car this is.
Beautiful. Is that Basalt Black or Black?

Where did you find it? I looked long and hard for 18 way seats!

PASM or X73 or neither?

·
Registered
2014 981 Cayman S
5 Posts
Beautiful. Is that Basalt Black or Black?

Where did you find it? I looked long and hard for 18 way seats!

PASM or X73 or neither?
Regular black. No PASM or X73. I didn't mention however that it is MT.... which made the search much tougher. I don't think many manual Cayman 981S's exist and they seem to sell really fast when they do appear.

I bought it sight unseen as a CPO from Bluegrass Motorsport which is the dealer in Lousville KY. This was in May and travel to see it (I live in California) was impossible so I ordered up an independent PPI, took several deep breaths and second guesses and went for it. Having a car like this show up at my house on a truck was another never-thought-this-would-happen experience.

No regrets whatever.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Regular black. No PASM or X73. I didn't mention however that it is MT.... which made the search much tougher. I don't think many manual Cayman 981S's exist and they seem to sell really fast when they do appear.

I bought it sight unseen as a CPO from Bluegrass Motorsport which is the dealer in Lousville KY. This was in May and travel to see it (I live in California) was impossible so I ordered up an independent PPI, took several deep breaths and second guesses and went for it. Having a car like this show up at my house on a truck was another never-thought-this-would-happen experience.

No regrets whatever.
The black wheels look fantastic with the silver ring. I have the same wheels, but in silver. I think only 10 to 20% of caymans are MT. I love mine, it hurts to go somewhere and leave it behind.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Beautiful GTS! Don't see many in that color. Enjoy and drive it in good health!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks amazing!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very cool and congrats but there must be a bit of a story to share?!
Always a story to be told when it comes to Porsche Procurement.

It all started on Fathers day this past year. I took my son (17) to the Porsche dealership to do some window shopping. The dealership said it was closed on their website, so I wasn't expecting to actually go in.

We arrived and they are open. Hmmmmm...

They have a white 2019 718 in the lobby. But, it was a base. I asked if they had any in S or GTS.

They had a 2017 S. Took it for a spin and it was a really nice ride. PDK and a bunch of options.

One thing led to another and I came back home. I was greeted with a "don't tell me you bought a Porsche". To which I said "possibly".

Once we got that behind us...

I took delivery of it the next day. Drove it around and so did my wife. She loved it because it was an automatic.

Me....well...let's just say I've never owned an automatic (I know, PDK is not just automatic, but paddle shifters are different). Also, the engine really did sound "different" That started to bug me. And, truth be told. So did the PDK. A lot.

So....

Did some looking and came across other Porsches on the market. Specifically looking at year 2016. I found the one I ended up purchasing (the Spyder) sitting in Arizona. 9K miles. Loaded with this, that and all the other things too. Meaning, original MSRP was way above the base price.

So...

I bought it. Now, I have two. And, yes. I am in the dog house.

But, put the other on the market. Might sell for a bit more than I purchased it for paying for the taxes. In fact, if anyone is interested in that - it is currently here:

Here is another pic of the Spyder.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
@Spent Congrats on joining the Porsche family (assuming that these are your first ones?), I think you will like it here! (y) Great story BTW, maybe you need to keep the PDK car for the wife? ;)

Looks like a great find on the 2016 Spyder, which interior, looks like LWBS? I too now have a Spyder now having come from a 2016 Boxster GTS, back then I was daily driving the car so the Spyder roof just did not seem like a workable option for me, now that I don't daily drive this car I am good with the manual roof.

Here are a couple of pictures, first of the GTS and now my current car.

Reactions: KL Cayman

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first Porsche arrived yesterday. Stage 4 restrictions here in VIC, Australia, so can only drive to grocery store <5km.... forgot a few items so had to go to the store a few times...... first time in a convertible, first manual for 35 years. Looking forward to the restrictions lifting in 2 weeks. 2013 S in Rhodium Silver, full Carrera red leather interior, PASM, Sports exhaust, 20" Carrera S wheels. What a car, what a sound!

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 981 Cayman S
5 Posts
My first Porsche arrived yesterday. Stage 4 restrictions here in VIC, Australia, so can only drive to grocery store <5km.... forgot a few items so had to go to the store a few times...... first time in a convertible, first manual for 35 years. Looking forward to the restrictions lifting in 2 weeks. 2013 S in Rhodium Silver, full Carrera red leather interior, PASM, Sports exhaust, 20" Carrera S wheels. What a car, what a sound!
Congratulations!
There is no more exciting photo of a Porsche than that of it being delivered to your driveway from a transporter truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last time I was here I was just learning the difference between Tiptronic and PDK in a 2007 987.2 I was looking at. Yesterday I found the one.

2014, 18k, Manual, Chrono, 20's, PASM, PTV, PDLS, 18-way premium ventilated seats, Burmester, front and rear park assist, phone, rear wiper.

PCNA car with a few scuffs, tiny door rattle when the bass is strong, but nothing will come up that can't be dealt with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up my new (to me) 2014 Cayman :) After driving a 992 for an entire day for a photoshoot for Porsche, I just couldn't resist getting into one. Although this one is pretty bare bones (base model w/ Sport Chrono), I'm loving every minute of it so far. Learned a lot from scouring this forum, and hope to learn more from everyone in the future! Already have a big mod list prepared, but doesn't seem like my wallet will allow for it just yet 😅

·
Registered
2015 Cayman GTS
1 Posts
I picked up a new to me CGTS last week. This is my first Porsche. I bought the HRE FF01 wheels used from a friend. The car came with sport techno wheels but I like these better. It's non-metallic black, a 6MT with X73, PTV, GTS interior package with red accents, 18-way sport seats plus, and the Bose package with nav.

It's at the shop at the moment having new slotted Sebro rotors and Ferodo pads installed, along with a fresh fill of RBF600 brake fluid. On Wednesday or Thursday 255/35R19 & 275/35R19 RE71R tires will replace the heavily worn 255/35R19 & 285/35R19 Sport Cups that are on it now. I don't know why I ordered the 275's - next time I'll go with the 285's. Then this weekend it heads to Buttonwillow Raceway with the Audi Club. My friends in the club will be quite surprised to see that I am not driving my Mk7 Golf R at the event.

Cayman GTS-140003-20201114.jpg

3201 - 3220 of 3240 Posts