Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

3221 - 3232 of 3232 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Boxster S, Aqua Blue Metallic over Agate/Pebble Gray
20 Posts
I’m just getting used to these threads now that I’ve had a little while to get familiar with the forums, so feel it’s time to share.

New to me 2013 Boxster S 6MT, which I picked up a little over a month ago, after quite a while searching, and after actually having signed the paperwork on a sweet car from CO sight unseen - I live in NJ - based on an internet listing, a clean Carfax and extremely low mileage, only to find out just before the transport picked it up, when the dealer finally was able to send pics to me, that it was a PDK car and not a 6 speed, so we had to cancel the whole deal. (Note to the unaware: the VIN Decoder programs most online car sales websites use can’t seem to tell the difference between a PDK and a 3 pedal car, interpreting them both as “manual” transmissions, so if you want a clutch you need to double check with the seller):

Aqua Blue Metallic over Agate/Pebble two tone
14 way power sport seats with heating/ventilation
Sport Wheel
Sport Exhaust
20” Carrera S Wheels
Porsche Crests on headrests
Premium Pkg
PASM
PTV
Bi-Xenons/PDLS
Infortainment/Bose Surround with Navi

The car came with the trunk and frunk liners and less than 13K miles. So far, I’ve added a built in K40; backup and forward looking parking cams that integrate with the PCM; as well as grill meshes to cover the intakes on the side of the car and the radiators on both sides at the bottom of the front bumper to protect against leaves, twigs and other debris (oh yeah, and also added almost 1500 miles; I just love driving it).

27D01EF8-D4B1-4118-B81C-B9FA550B46CC.jpeg
ADB6F5B7-0B65-4C78-90D1-6E490ABF8749.jpeg

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
@jeff_sc Congrats! Beautiful colour and I love the Pebble two-tone with Agate, I owned a 2013 Boxster S in Dark Blue Metallic and it had an Agate interior, most who say that shade loved it over the basic black.

7 years only and on 13k miles, wow, that is a nice score, be sure to enjoy it! ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
@jeff_sc Congrats! Beautiful colour and I love the Pebble two-tone with Agate, I owned a 2013 Boxster S in Dark Blue Metallic and it had an Agate interior, most who say that shade loved it over the basic black.

7 years only and on 13k miles, wow, that is a nice score, be sure to enjoy it! ;)
Thanks. I’ve never been a big fan of black interiors. I find that I get tired of them over time and they can sometimes make it feel like you’re driving in a cave. I feel so lucky to have found this color combo, which was actually exactly what I wanted. (Very similar to a 2008 Audi S5 I had for a few years that I loved, which was nogaro blue over silver. But Porsche’s aqua metallic is a better color than the nogaro, and even if give the edge to Audi overall in the interior, I like the two tone in the Boxster better than the silver - which was really white - in the Audi.) The PDK car that I had to cancel (only 7K miles, BTW) was aqua over beige, and I was willing to settle for that. But I like this color combo best.

I’ve always wanted one of these cars. Feel so fortunate to now have one.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Thanks. I’ve never been a big fan of black interiors. I find that I get tired of them over time and they can sometimes make it feel like you’re driving in a cave. I feel so lucky to have found this color combo, which was actually exactly what I wanted. (Very similar to a 2008 Audi S5 I had for a few years that I loved, which was nogaro blue over silver. But Porsche’s aqua metallic is a better color than the nogaro, and even if give the edge to Audi overall in the interior, I like the two tone in the Boxster better than the silver - which was really white - in the Audi.) The PDK car that I had to cancel (only 7K miles, BTW) was aqua over beige, and I was willing to settle for that. But I like this color combo best.

I’ve always wanted one of these cars. Feel so fortunate to now have one.
Aren't we all! (y)

Reactions: jeff_sc

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Jeff, and its a 6 speed manual. Not sure how you feel about the linkage and vague gating, but there are solutions to be found. You can read all about those on this web site. PASM has a TPC DSC upgrade as well, just plug and play. Its a great upgrade to make the suspension much faster recognizing bumps, turnin, G loading and much more. Just visit TPC's web site to find details.
Great color choice beside the 6 speed manual.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jeff, and its a 6 speed manual. Not sure how you feel about the linkage and vague gating, but there are solutions to be found. You can read all about those on this web site. PASM has a TPC DSC upgrade as well, just plug and play. Its a great upgrade to make the suspension much faster recognizing bumps, turnin, G loading and much more. Just visit TPC's web site to find details.
Great color choice beside the 6 speed manual.
Thanks for all the info, and yes 6spdMT.

I haven’t missed many shifts since I got the car, which I think were my fault not the gearbox’s (you know all the stuff about the carpenter blaming his tools, etc) and, frankly, really enjoy the gearbox. It could be a bit more precise, particularly 2d to 3d, and I wish the gear indicator on the dash would tell you which gear you’ve grabbed as soon as you put the shifter in the gate rather than only after you lift off the clutch (by then too late, right?), but I am having a blast driving it. The box is much better than the ones that were in my ’08 S5 and before that my ‘04 A4 (and a hell of a lot better than the manual transmissions that you can’t buy anymore, like the ones I didn’t have in the S4 I just traded in).

I’m still trying to figure out how PASM really works, playing with all the buttons in the center console and trying to feel the differences between modes. Good to know that there is something I should do to update the PASM.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So three weeks ago I picked up a 2014 981 Cayman S, PDK, Sport Chrono, PASM, Carrera 20's,9150 miles, and it is a CPO for two years from the date I bought it! I love the car, my first mid engine and my second Porsche.....I dont think I will ever be without a mid engine car again! Added a Suntek Clear Bra to the full front and also Suntek 40 Ceramic tint, mainly for UV blocking.

Regards
C95794CB-442E-48D6-A148-53F60F1E71E0.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picked up a 2014 Cayman Base with a 6 speed, PTV, and PASM last weekend. I don’t think I’ll ever own another brand besides Porsche going forward. This thing is just amazing for my usage. Everything just feels so solid and I can’t accurately describe how amazing this car drives! I may get another Porsche in the future, but this one is staying with me forever. Going to have a Viking style burial in it!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
So three weeks ago I picked up a 2014 981 Cayman S, PDK, Sport Chrono, PASM, Carrera 20's,9150 miles, and it is a CPO for two years from the date I bought it! I love the car, my first mid engine and my second Porsche.....I dont think I will ever be without a mid engine car again! Added a Suntek Clear Bra to the full front and also Suntek 40 Ceramic tint, mainly for UV blocking.
Beautiful spec. I’m looking at a 2014 CS with SC and CPO for $50k myself. Is that around what you paid?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Beautiful spec. I’m looking at a 2014 CS with SC and CPO for $50k myself. Is that around what you paid?
Thanks! Pretty close, mine had 9K on the clock. I have PASM, Sport Chrono, Launch Control, Carrera 20’s And PDK. Have you looked at the Emissions Investigation info? Not sure, but our cars with Sport Chrono may be part of it. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! Pretty close, mine had 9K on the clock. I have PASM, Sport Chrono, Launch Control, Carrera 20’s And PDK. Have you looked at the Emissions Investigation info? Not sure, but our cars with Sport Chrono may be part of it. Just a heads up.

Unfortunately that S sold to somebody else supposedly. I’ll ask my sales guy to see if it was part of that.

3221 - 3232 of 3232 Posts