Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
3301 - 3320 of 3325 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
253 Posts
I took delivery of my 981 in Sapphire blue with some options that i wanted. I really wanted a GTS but i didn't want to be in the 1k+ car payment club. These two photos are from the following day after i got the car. I had the clear corners on the car no more than Ten Minutes after i got home with it. Since these photos I have extensively modified the body, Engine and interior now if i could just find a set of GTS taillights than i would be basically finished with the car. View attachment 284096
View attachment 284097
Try Suncoast on the taillights. If you are anything like me you are never done with the upgrades 😆. Welcome to the forum and beautiful car…. enjoy.
Jim

Reactions: ThatOne981

·
Registered
145 Posts
I took delivery of my 981 in Sapphire blue with some options that i wanted. I really wanted a GTS but i didn't want to be in the 1k+ car payment club. These two photos are from the following day after i got the car. I had the clear corners on the car no more than Ten Minutes after i got home with it. Since these photos I have extensively modified the body, Engine and interior now if i could just find a set of GTS taillights than i would be basically finished with the car. View attachment 284096
View attachment 284097
She's a beauty! Congratulations!

·
Registered
2014 Boxster Saphire Blue Metallic, Lots of Custom Engine, Body and Interior Work *Never Done*
43 Posts
Love it . Got my tails from Suncoast.

Shawn in VA (USA)
The problem is they have been on back order since like may ive been told. I want a set so bad that i basically called every dealer across usa. I was able to find three sets for sale. everything came as follows one set where cracked (Houston) another set they wont ship (Florida) and the last set (bellevue) wanted $180.00 to ship them and it would have came to nearly $800 for them which is ridiculous. I ended up lightly smoking them to get rid of the super bright red/pink lights. I even went as far as contacting people locally selling cars with them lights unfortunately the two cars were sold already. I was able to confirm there is ten sets available in Germany but that's a 9 week wait to get them i am told. Seems very outlandish that it would take 9, weeks considering i could possibly take a boat and bicycle there and back before than.

·
Registered
2014 Boxster Saphire Blue Metallic, Lots of Custom Engine, Body and Interior Work *Never Done*
43 Posts
Try Suncoast on the taillights. If you are anything like me you are never done with the upgrades 😆. Welcome to the forum and beautiful car…. enjoy.
Jim
I am never done most my cars had wraps, magazine features and extreme customization i am now 41, I sold my fiat 500 Abarth cabrio that was extremely modified as well as my 1995 Miata that was 10/10 Condition. Suncoast said they had 14, on order and they where hoping for october 24'th but the guys exact words where. Don't hold your breath I heard you can take the lights apart and take the red off and such.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up this 2015 Cayman last week. A trip up the mountains in our Macan S for the Rennsport Dragon Rally and quality of ride fatigue in my Focus RS led me to begin searching. It took a couple days to weed out the must haves and the like to haves, options wise. I found this one down in Naples at Porsche of Naples. 2015 Cayman, Dark Blue Metallic, Luxor Beige, PDK, Sport Chrono, Sport Design Wheel, Convenience with 22K miles and 2yr CPO. Absolutely love it. Some minor changes include clear markers and updated tail lights.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Sky

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
253 Posts
Just picked up this 2015 Cayman last week. A trip up the mountains in our Macan S for the Rennsport Dragon Rally and quality of ride fatigue in my Focus RS led me to begin searching. It took a couple days to weed out the must haves and the like to haves, options wise. I found this one down in Naples at Porsche of Naples. 2015 Cayman, Dark Blue Metallic, Luxor Beige, Sport Chrono, Sport Design Wheel, Convenience with 22K miles and 2yr CPO. Absolutely love it. Some minor changes include clear markers and updated tail lights. View attachment 284603
Beautiful car! Is it PDK or three pedals? Welcome to the forum.
Jim

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
253 Posts
PDK. Wife's car is the Macan S and I was driving the RS. Selling the RS left me without the ability to carry my bike around in the hatchback. So to give here the ability to get out when I needed the Macan, I picked the PDK and am very happy. I also have an 03 Cobra to row the gears :)
I am also am very happy with the PDK. After rowing gears for over 50 years starting with my 57 Chevy that I did a junk yard 4 speed conversion when I was 15 years old, I switched to the PDK and never looked back. Although every once in a while I miss the 6 speed Z/28 that I traded in on my Cayman, but not for long😆.
Jim

·
Registered
50 Posts
My first Porsche ever! CPO 2016 Cayman in Sapphire Blue (white one got away) and PDK, one owner, and 33k and PPI came back flawless ....Just took delivery this Saturday evening by enclosed trailer, but the driver unloaded her before I was able to video. By midnight, I replaced the side marker lights with clear, installed the front grille screens, but waited until
Sunday morning to install the side grilles screens and redo one of the key fobs (cheesy to some, lol). Spent most of Sunday at a kid's birthday party, so the Cayman stayed at home. Tinted tailights on order. I just had to hang the Millenium Falcon dice...had to! She isn't perfect, but she's beautiful. Thank you to everyone that helped me decide and for all the advice!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Tire
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Wheel Hood Automotive lighting
Vehicle Font Automotive design Electric blue Sports car

·
Registered
43 Posts
My first Porsche ever! CPO 2016 Cayman in Sapphire Blue (white one got away) and PDK, one owner, and 33k and PPI came back flawless ....Just took delivery this Saturday evening by enclosed trailer, but the driver unloaded her before I was able to video. By midnight, I replaced the side marker lights with clear, installed the front grille screens, but waited until
Sunday morning to install the side grilles screens and redo one of the key fobs (cheesy to some, lol). Spent most of Sunday at a kid's birthday party, so the Cayman stayed at home. Tinted tailights on order. I just had to hang the Millenium Falcon dice...had to! She isn't perfect, but she's beautiful. Thank you to everyone that helped me decide and for all the advice! View attachment 284628 View attachment 284629 View attachment 284630
View attachment 284631 View attachment 284632 View attachment 284633 View attachment 284635
Welcome, I have a saphire blue too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sunday morning to install the side grilles screens and redo one of the key fobs (cheesy to some, lol). Spent most of Sunday at a kid's birthday party, so the Cayman stayed at home. Tinted tailights on order. I just had to hang the Millenium Falcon dice...had to! She isn't perfect, but she's beautiful. Thank you to everyone that helped me decide and for all the advice!
Absolutely gorgeous. I did about the same too, added the front grill screens, marker lights and key fob. My Macan S has the Gulf livery fob, so I did Martini Racing for the Cayman (LOL) The side screens are enroute from Zunsport. (y)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. I did about the same too, added the front grill screens, marker lights and key fob. My Macan S has the Gulf livery fob, so I did Martini Racing for the Cayman (LOL) The side screens are enroute from Zunsport. (y)
Thank you! I believe that any color on these cars are beautiful. The car has these lines or curves that make it appealing no matter what color. I might get the Martini Racing for the other key fob! Haha…I can’t stop doing things to the car, and I’ve already ordered the rubber mats, frunk and trunk liners. Anybody else have thoughts on them?
Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks! I really liked how you did your Boxster. Where did you get the blue trim inside? I got the nasty glare yesterday from the cup holder trim Haha…I do wish I had the sports design steering wheel. Perhaps a later upgrade
The blue Trim around the speedo came from Amazon for like $20.00 you can also find the other factory blue interior stuff on eBay. I want to get the gts/spyder blue interior package but I can't find it anywhere even with the parts # the steering wheels can be had on Ebay for like $400-$700 no. Thanks the compliments I appreciate it
Speedometer Tachometer Odometer Gauge Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Asphalt Tints and shades Bicycle part

·
Registered
50 Posts
The blue Trim around the speedo came from Amazon for like $20.00 you can also find the other factory blue interior stuff on eBay. I want to get the gts/spyder blue interior package but I can't find it anywhere even with the parts # the steering wheels can be had on Ebay for like $400-$700 no. Thanks the compliments I appreciate it View attachment 284636
View attachment 284637
oh wow! I want that keychain and the blue key fob! Thanks for the info, especially on the Ebay steering wheel. I will have to try that. Thanks!

3301 - 3320 of 3325 Posts