Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CS is at about 48.5k miles and will soon be joining me in the over 50(k) club. Wondering how many others have cars with over 50k miles.....

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not even remotely close, but just want to applaud you for driving the car like it's meant to be driven and again reiterate that I'm obsessed with your wheels. Let me know when you're ready to get rid of 'em.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not even remotely close, but just want to applaud you for driving the car like it's meant to be driven and again reiterate that I'm obsessed with your wheels. Let me know when you're ready to get rid of 'em.

The wheels are gone -- and now that they are, I'll share a secret with you if you promise to keep it between the two of us: The 21" wheels sucked. You could feel every pebble in the road -- and given how much I drive this car, that was a lot! I'm looking to get the same wheels in 19" but that is proving pretty difficult. Even was willing to get the 20" cast but they did not fit the Porsche center cap (yes, I'm picky) and CEC and I have been going back and forth in what feels like a many year (merely many months) process.

The car is my daily driver and I commute 100 miles a day, so the miles rack up quickly.....

Reactions: halcyon

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
The wheels are gone -- and now that they are, I'll share a secret with you if you promise to keep it between the two of us: The 21" wheels sucked. You could feel every pebble in the road -- and given how much I drive this car, that was a lot! I'm looking to get the same wheels in 19" but that is proving pretty difficult. Even was willing to get the 20" cast but they did not fit the Porsche center cap (yes, I'm picky) and CEC and I have been going back and forth in what feels like a many year (merely many months) process.

The car is my daily driver and I commute 100 miles a day, so the miles rack up quickly.....
Thanks for the honesty, I almost bought yours! :hilarious: I have stock 20" and they are not bad, but they do take a little getting used to after the 18" winters come off, after a few weeks the difference is a memory.

Another 50+ here, age not miles though, I hope to have the current ride long enough to hit 50K miles if that counts?

·
Registered
301 Posts

I have stock 20" and they are absolutely the biggest I'd go. I literally say "ouch" out loud on some roads downtown.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Me yes, car not yet, but it will. I'm pushing 70 but still drive vigorousLynn, double clutch down shifts, heel and toe around corners, love it. I'll keep it up as long as I can ingress/egress the car!

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Well this makes me feel a bit better. I have "almost" 20K on my 2015 .. and thought I was running up the milage for a Non-daily driver!!
But, for me it is just a matter of time since I will continue to drive my CGTS until I can't get in/out of it (I'm looking '70 right in the eyes soon!).

But I don't see the reason for having a 10 year old Porsche with < 10,000 miles on it.. That makes no sense to me!
D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.