Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
34,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of our members have asked for a Do-it-Yourself forum, a place to discuss how to do things to your Porsche, so I set this forum up. I would expect that members will use it to share specific procedures on how to do service items, make modifications, etc. but ALSO I would expect that as a certain topic takes off and "gels" into some cohesive instructions on how to do something that the original author or major participant in the topic thread will at some point take the time to curate the topic into an official article for our Articles section.

I have also set it up so that if someone creates a topic thread in this forum they can easily link to the official article in our Articles section in the topic but ALSO when the official article is created there is a spot below the Article for a link back to the originating discussion in this forum on the same subject matter. In this way it will be a two-directional street, those who find the discussion first will be able to find the original article and those who find the article first will be able to find the discussion that was the genesis of the article.

Make sense?

Ok let's get cracking! There is a topic out there on what Articles people are looking for, see: http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/103133-981-owners-what-your-top-5-article-needs.html

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Cool

So how are we going to differentiate between this forum and the modification forum? Should we start to move the DIY threads from the modification forum to this one?

·
Administrator
34,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool

So how are we going to differentiate between this forum and the modification forum? Should we start to move the DIY threads from the modification forum to this one?
The modifications forum should be about discussions of mods, like which exhaust produces what power or who can I get to do X for me, etc.

This forum would be the actual How-To discussion/instructions that ultimately leads to an article.

So yes, if there are DIY discussion/instruction threads in the Mods forum they should be moved here, but leave a permanent redirect on any older threads in the mods forum to the moved thread here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts