Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
371 Posts
Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you're going to spend $1+k on carbon fiber interior, spring for the sport design steering wheel at only $250.:)

Reactions: my928s4 and Mike R.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If you're going to spend $1+k on carbon fiber interior, spring for the sport design steering wheel at only $250.:)
I like the SportDesign steering wheel, and I could budget for it, but I took the SportDesign steering wheel off, over concerns relating to the sun reflecting off of it.

I keep going back and forth over dead cow or carbon fiber, but I gotta have something covering the rest of the shiny metal in the interior.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
What schuy said above. Otherwise a nice build. I see the base Boxsters now have black front-intake guards instead of body colored guards?

Where will you take delivery?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For this vehicle's role, I would be more likely to spend money on PTV, than swiveling headlights.

Besides, the 2015 BMW I just bought Mrs. X73, already has swiveling Xenon headlights, if we need something like that at night.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The PTV was my last 'extra' option before the car locked. Its a good one , since can't be easily retrofitted latter.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Where will you take delivery?
Haven't decided between Zuffenhausen or Leipzig.

We toured Porsche in Zuffenhausen in October, when we were in Europe for a month to do Mrs. X73's European delivery. That said, I'm still leaning towards the traditional Zuffenhausen European Delivery.

Leipzig would be a new experience, but the opportunity to do track time in and of itself would not be enough to make me decide on Leipzig, as I have been an expert-licensed road racer and road racing instructor. But I'm also not ruling it out.

I guess the deciding factor would probably be which one fits our logistical plans best- we're planning on doing another month in Europe, to see England, Ireland, and the Isle of Man. Mrs. X73 has already rented a house on the Isle of Man for two weeks (practice week and race week) for the 2016 Tourist Trophy.

Reactions: Mike R.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts