Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking of selling my 987.2. It's a great car, however I just don't use it. I have had it 2.5 years and put 10k miles on it. I will include a picture and the options sheet and you all can chime in on what it may be valued. Car is in fantastic condition always garaged and professionally detailed. Has cayman R splitters, sport design steering wheel and the front bumper splitters hood and half finders and clear bra'ed with XPEL.

It's a 2009 CS with 25K miles.
14515484930_538612cb95_k.jpg Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 9.57.08 PM.png 14451108287_f1b18379f7_b.jpg

·
Registered
166 Posts
THAT is a nicely optioned desirable car. I won't guess a value but I would have paid top dollar for it last year when I was looking.
Agreed, I would have purchased this car about a year ago. I'd guess high 40's if you're patient. Mid 40's is probably more realistic tho.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yours is nicely optioned with PASM and Sport Seats and manual, which many feel is required for a Cayman.

In your favor is that a small number of 987.2 Caymans were sold as the recession was in high gear (pun intended) when these hit the showrooms, but I think too close to 50 grand will scare away a lot of buyers.

Maybe list it for $47,000-ish and see how the response is and take $45000-ish if it's offered.

Other may have a better feel for your CS and I'm sure can shed some light on your ideal listing price. Being in no big hurry to sell works in your favor to list it higher and then always work your way done if the interest is not there.

These was a 2010 CS with PDK (about same MSRP as yours) and 20,000 miles listed on pca.org and it was listed for 40 grand and sold very quickly. That was a great deal.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Good luck,

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
You said you've put 10K miles on it in 2.5 years. Are you the second owner? How many miles on the car? Assuming the miles are low I'd say it's worth mid - high 40's. Possibly $50K depending on location and time of year.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Car is worth what people are willing to pay.

I think going to CarMax and getting a price is a good start. Then +10-15% is what a dealer should pay for trade in. +20% from private party.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Summer time around the corner will help fetch a higher price. I sold my Cayman R with 27000 miles two months ago for 56k. Car was 86k new I had all of the records, not tracked, in great shape and serviced at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
You said you've put 10K miles on it in 2.5 years. Are you the second owner? How many miles on the car? Assuming the miles are low I'd say it's worth mid - high 40's. Possibly $50K depending on location and time of year.
He said 25,000 miles. It is a beautiful car. It's hard not to like a really sweet Guards Red Porsche!

·
Registered
110 Posts
That is a fantastic looking Cayman...and that's coming from a guy that dislikes red cars.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I also agree that it's a nicely optioned good looking car. If it's selling privately without a new 2 year old CPO warranty, with 25,000 miles, I believe that it is valued in the low 40's. 40K would be a good trade in value.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought my 2011 with 30K last month after searching for a 987.2 for 18 months ... That market is made up of three groups :

1. The person that wants a DD . Most of these will prefer the PDK and PCM and creature comforts...the PASM ( rare option) will not be as important to this grp.
2. The person that wants it as a garage queen for use on special days. This group will be attracted to the low milage and condition, Xpel , ect. here again the PASM would be appreciated but not necessary.
3. People looking for a "track Car" ...This grp will be drawn first to the PASM because they willl see and use this rare option..Condition XPEL will not be as imp.

gone in 30 days $38-40K 90 days = $40-42K if you got 6 months wait for $45. In 6months the 981 24 mo lease turn ins will hit in the $50-60 range. pushing most 987.2s into the 40s reguardless of options and milage.

From someone that watched this market every day for 18 months..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts